Trent Harrison Wins Round 2!!

Started by Alfpa Repairs, May 23, 2007, 07:00:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alfpa Repairs

For immediate release:

Trent Harrison wins round 2!
Sandown Raceway May 11-13

Sandown Raceway held Round 2 of the Victorian Formula Ford Series and Round 1 of the CAMS Victorian Formula Ford Championship.

After a faultless Friday practice day Harrison and the team entered the weekend with confidence. Saturday practice saw Trent Harrison post the fastest time.  "It's a good start to our weekend, now we need to make sure we repeat this for qualifying and the races" commented Harrison.

Qualifying saw Harrison put a time fastest enough for 4th place.  "Im only 3 tenths from pole so im not disappointed in the result, it puts me in a good place for race 1"

Race 1 on Saturday afternoon saw Harrison move up to 2nd place at the first corner before retiring at the end of lap 1.

Leading into Race 2 Harrison remained confident that he could set himself up for the main race.  "I am starting from 25th but I think if I can move into the top 10 then I will be in good position for the main race"

Warm and dry conditions lead the field into Race 2 and after a good start Harrison was in 14th place by the end of the first lap.  A safety car period during the middle of the 8 lap race halted Harrison's progress slightly but as the race went green on lap 6 he was in 8th place.  On the beginning of the final lap Harrison was in 6th place, at the chequered flag Harrison recorded his first ever podium finish with 3rd position and set the fastest lap of the race.

"To finish on the podium after starting from the back of the grid is fantastic, I really didn't expect to be anywhere near the top 5 let alone the podium"

Going into the triple points main race Harrison was confident he could defend his 3rd place.  "It's important to finish this race due to the points on offer, so im confident that I can defend my position and score a good bunch of points"

The 10 lap race gave Harrison the opportunity to battle with 1st and 2nd before making his move mid race to take the victory by 5 seconds to his nearest rival, this also gave him enough points to win the round.  "It's a great way to finish the weekend, Sean Scott from Project Racing prepared the car superbly, I would also like to thank the rest of the team, my family for their support, Monza Motors, Alfpa Repairs, Kral's Creations and XFI Boats"

The next round will be at Phillip Island on June 8-10.

www.trentharrison.com
Monza Motors, (03) 9720 4442
Alfpa Repairs, (03) 9729 9946
4 Malvern Street Bayswater, VIC, 3153

Tristan Atkins

Congratulations Trent, nice drive!