My new website/blog

Started by ItalCarGuy, September 21, 2010, 10:27:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItalCarGuy

Made a new website to document my projects on the weekend. It is a work in progress so there are a few holes in it still. I'll add a fair bit of info to it over the next few weeks. Mainly focussed on the Giulia Super and GT Veloce.

www.alfa-male.com

pep105

Hi Derek,

Managed to sneak a look into your website while at work, theres some great photos especially like the 1750 Series 1 on the production line. How cool is that! All you see on the production line here at Toyota is fridges and washing machines........

Great looking website well done, hope to look into it further when I get a chance.........................
Cheers

Pep
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

GTV-074

Derek,

Nice job..... anything with Giulia's on the web is great...

Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

Paul.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

Davidm1600

X3 Derek, for like Pep, I too had a scrounge around in my lunch break.  Anything to keep me sane from the dullness and routine of my government job is a fantastic distraction.  Keep developing it, and perhaps others too may be able to contribute to it ??  Just a thought.  It should be an excellent reference source of info for us Giulia/GTV owners.  

Also perhaps as you manage to get some work completed on your cars, hopefully you will post some progress reports.  Cheers Dave
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

ItalCarGuy

Thanks guys,
I just put up a free classifieds section, mainly for me to flog off bits I don't need, but it is open for anyone to place an ad. I will check it regularly to make sure no crazies (other than alfa crazies) are abusing it.

http://www.alfa-male.com/classifieds/

Dave, I will add to the project car blogs (upper right corner) in the near future. I am happy for contributors for the site too, but I will try to keep it in a reasonably organized state.

ItalCarGuy

Quote from: Davidm1750 on September 22, 2010, 07:50:14 AM
X3 Derek, for like Pep, I too had a scrounge around in my lunch break.  Anything to keep me sane from the dullness and routine of my government job is a fantastic distraction.  Keep developing it, and perhaps others too may be able to contribute to it ??  Just a thought.  It should be an excellent reference source of info for us Giulia/GTV owners.  

Also perhaps as you manage to get some work completed on your cars, hopefully you will post some progress reports.  Cheers Dave

Dave, I just made a form so that anyone can add their Alfa to a page on the site. It is an instant submission thing that hopefully works! It will create a category in the top right corner called 'Others' Cars'. Anyone want to test it?!

http://www.alfa-male.com/add-your-car/

massiveluvbuddy67

Well done a great web site! Beautifully crafted with great photos and easy to navigate!
Best Regards
Phil

ItalCarGuy

Thanks Phil. Thanks also for testing the form and adding your car, I think it works how I wanted it to. I enjoyed seeing your car when I was down for the PI Historics and Lygon St Display, what a beautiful machine!

alfagtv58

Great work Derek, now when are you going to draw and model a 105 coupe like you did with the Super  ;)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

ItalCarGuy

Well, in my usual style of not finishing one before I start another, maybe I have started already... :P

Davidm1600

Hi Derek, thanks for including the extra details on your site.  I really need to go and take lots of pics of my 105s and perhaps finally get cracking on writing up the rebuild projects. 

Am spending far too much time on home rennos, and none at all in the garage.  Not good for any petrol head  >:(
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina