WAS: Alfa 75 in good road worthy condition (split and moved)

Started by paul edwards, December 27, 2010, 09:53:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul edwards

:o :o Good one Peter, welcome to the 75 club, awesome cars even the 3lt's are pretty good ;) ;)
photos please and more info

Cheers Paul

MD

All they need is a 4.1 diff change to make them great cars..
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Southern75

Pffft

By a 2.5 ... any alfa purist who has driven mine has always had a lot of difficulty in giving it back and i have been offered over 15k for it
so they can't be that bad ... my word of advice the interior trim in them is pretty average that would need to be changed to a TS or 3l interior.

Can supply one for a fairly cheap price:P
Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

AlfaACT

aw shucks Paul ... but as you insist!
It appears to be in pretty good nick mechanically but in need of some TLC and a tidy up.
ciao.

JOHN G

Hi Peter

If that's a Potenziata don't listen to these guys...

John
Present
ALFA 75 3.0
BMW X5 M

Past
Alfa  75 3.0 qv Potenziata (Black) Concours
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0
Alfa GTV6 GP 2.5 Concours
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport 250Hp ATW (Grey)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Black)

AlfaACT

Thanks John G,

I'm happy with what I've got - it wont get messed with.
I reckon Paul knows that too  ;)

Cheers,
Peter

MD

Peter,

It's plain to see that Paul is just having a bit of fun with you being the big kid that he is and personally  I hope he never grows up.

Jokes aside, I am serious about the differential but like you, I wouldn't advocate making any changes and give yourself time to really get acquainted with the car. Once you are satisfied that you are all dialled in, see if you can drive someone else's vehicle that has the dif change in it for comparison and make your mind up then.

Not sure if this is an event that the Vic club has but the Qld club has car swap days when you can  drive other people's cars to get an idea of how a certain model you have never owned drives like. This would be that sort of opportunity I am talking about.

Otherwise, congratulations  for scoring one of Alfa's finest.

Cheers, MD
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

AlfaACT

Mike,

Actually, I reckon Paul is serious too.
As for the swap days, I could warm to the idea but not aware of them occurring here. Anyway, there is a definite paucity of subject material :-(
Why not pop down for the Alpine Tour and who knows we might be able to give it a go.
But my navigator/co-driver enjoys a certain level of comfort that would probably preclude participation should it require one to scramble in any undignified manner over a roll bar to get in.

Cheers,
Peter.

Evan Bottcher

*ahem*

I don't think this is a Buy/Swap/Sell topic any more?  Perhaps you could carry this on in another area, and let the actual classifieds get top billing in this forum area?

EDIT: Actually - I've split and moved this topic here.  Carry on.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal