Something happened on the way to buy a new car

Started by Doug Gould, June 08, 2007, 07:14:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Gould

The lease on my 156 is up. I've been trying to decide between keeping the 156 and applying the cost of the upgrade to a Montreal VS trading the 156 on a new car (159 2.4JTD / 159 V6/ Brera). My daughter says it was like trying to decide between old sex & new sex. 

I was in hot discussion with a guy in Adelaide abount his Montreal. I went to see it, but it looked like we were too far away on price. On the way home I stopped to see Patrick at Lance Dixon. The 159V6 is a real car and if you get the chance you should drive one, but the Brera just has something - even the lowly 2.2JTS.

I took my wife to drive the Brera and she really liked it. We were going to get one.

Then the guy with the Montreal came back. So I've done what any rational Alfisti would do. I'm keeping the 156, Sally is getting the Brera instead of a new Landcruiser and I bought the Montreal. I got back last night from driving the Montreal back from Adelaide & we get the new Brera tomorrow. We are now a 4 Alfa family (including the GTV6).

Note. This is all Victor Lee's fault. I rang him to get the name of a guy about the Montreal & he said I should check out the deals on the ex GP loan cars.

I'm hoping to have both the Montreal & Brera at Sandown.

Doug Gould

08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

Victor Lee

Oi!  :o

That's not fair!  ;)   Don't blame me!  I didn't suggest that you buy both!  (Now that's a real Alfisti ... buying a classic and newy in the one week!)  I'm just ranting a bit coz I'm jealous!

Congratulations on your acquisitions.  I'm sure Sally will be happy with her new toy.  BTW, which one did she get? The 2.2 or 3.2?

Cheers

Victor
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb