Wanted Sud radiator

Started by prova, September 25, 2010, 09:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prova

Hi guys looking for an alloy radiator to fit in the front of a FIAT 850 Coupe. It has been suggested that maybe an Alfa Sud/Sprint radiator might fit and that some had all alloy radiators? Does anyone have a good one they would be happy to sell - but I would just need to check its outer dimensions first. Any other suggestions for likely radiators very much appreciated.

Thanks Ren

philpot

Just to help with a bit of info, the sud radiator, which is alloy core/plastic tank ended, is the same as the 33 model up to '89 series two's. '90 plus Series 3 33 16v's are a different beast. So there should be a few out there new or at wreckers and such.

Check on ebay, by memory the ones being sold new will give dimensions...'Check alfa (33) radiator 79-90'. All categories search.

Dimensions are:545 x 245 x 32mm. Plastic/Alloy
1992 33 1.7 16v QV - white     1998 156 Twin Spark - white     1990 33 1.7 16v QV - silver     1985 33 1.5 QV - silver

Past:   '81 Alfasud ti      '76 Alfasud ti

Southern75

Personally if it were my fiat 850 i would bite the bullet and get a PWR radiator made ... i know there is a lot of expense but in a car like an 850 i would be like ... stuff it in a week or two i would have forgotten about the cost, plus they are nice and shiny :D
Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

prova

Thanks guys. The price is important because there is just so much to buy. The car is now stripped apart from the wiring and the running gear minus engine. When it comes back from the panel shop I want to put only good gear back on, new interior, rubbers, lights, tyres and all of the modifications I have planned. Pretty overwhelmimg actually but my plan is to tackle it stage by stage and just try to focus on the task before me.

Thanks again

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Matthew Coote on September 27, 2010, 11:16:26 AM
... stuff it in a week or two i would have forgotten about the cost, plus they are nice and shiny :D

Ha ha, as I was reading that I was certain it was going to say "...in a week or two it would have rusted away...."

No offence Prova, I love the 850.  My Dad had a Sport Coupe when I was a young kid, and I even looked at buying a 'rust-free' example a few years back.  It wasn't rust-free.

Storm_X

"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

prova

Still unsure what to do. I was offered a 33 radiator from a member of this forum but it had rust stains and other damage so I let it pass. If someone had a good one for sale I would be definitely interested in buying it. They seem to be of the right dimensions etc. Thanks for asking.

dehne

if you were offered it by 33 4x4 stay away as they do not advertise there items correctly
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Andrew Bose

Hi Prova,

I'm stripping bits out of one of my 33s currently I was driving it as an everyday car till Bruno finished the new one on Friday PM me if you are interested as it is still in the car and holding water. I bought it new about three maybe four years ago when a truck put a stone straight through my last one.

prova