Gary Pearce wins at Motorclassica!

Started by massiveluvbuddy67, October 25, 2010, 10:22:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

massiveluvbuddy67

Hello fellow Alfisti,
For those of you who managed to get along to Motorclassica over the weekend you would have been mesemrised by the quality and quantity of cars on show.
Importantly, Gary Pearce's Giulia Sprint Veloce won not one but TWO awards at the concourse against some mighty opposition.
1. Modern Thoroughbred 1961 to 1975, and
2. Most points awarded to a car at the concourse.

Sir Sterling Moss presented the awards and there was an amazing crowd there. I ecstaticly accepted the awards for Gary as he was at Winton doing what all good Alfisiti do!

I do hope the next year sees the second iteration of this tremendous event.

Well done Gary. A tremendous testament and reward for your lifelong passion and enthusiasm for the marque.

Good to see Branko there with the GTA too.

David Wright had his beautiful 2600 and Hugh & I had the TZ1 on the Lumley stand.
Best Regards
Phil

AgeG

I concur that it was a fantastic event and hope it is back again next year!
1989 AR 33 1.7ie Red
2005 Citroen C4 Grey
1985 Alfa Romeo GTV6 Silver
2012 Abarth 500C EsseEsse

alanm

Hi Phil

I was at Motorclassica on Sunday, I wondered if you might have been around!!

I think it was a great event in the perfect environment. I used to go to the old exhibition building with my dad to see the motorshow when I was a kid, it really is beautiful old building.

The Alfas looked amazing, the Aerospider was without a doubt one of the most interesting cars there. I also particularly like the Dinos, and the Lancia Aurelia Spider. I thought the London – Sydney 911 was also an interesting exhibit (will I get barred for that).

Cheers
Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

John Hanslow

It's great that the marque is having such a positive impact in this Centenary year, in fact some would say that the Australian effort & contribution has surpassed other countries. 

The Club itself has been well represented with key Alfisti presenting vehicles in a range of events over the last year.

Well done Gary !
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

shiny_car

Wow, congrats to all involved. I could not make it due to interstate work unfortunately, but have seen photos already from friends.

Very impressive.

@ John: any Alfas featuring in burn-outs at Summernats or bikini-clad bling at Autosalon?!  :D  :P :-X
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

Sheldon McIntosh

That is an absolutely stunning result, and well-deserved - anyone who has seen the car will no doubt agree, the car is as close to a new 105 as you could get.  Well done Gary, shame you missed out on accepting the award from Sir Stirling, but it says volumes that you'd rather be at Winton racing your other 105, well done old chap!

For those who don't know the car, I wrote an article about it for the Australian Classic Car Yearbook last year, reprinted at club member (and Cross & Serpent editor) Adam Davis' website... http://lautista.com.au/01/2010/05/alfa-1600-gt-veloce/

Ads

Indeed, congrats to Gary, he has done an extraordinary job with his cars.
Prev: 75 TS
Prev: 1974 1600GT Junior (2 litre)