Aussie Aussie Aussie......Go Go Go....

Started by paul edwards, November 12, 2010, 10:02:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul edwards

l really hope Mark Webber can do it. Talk about pressure or what. He can do it. l'm sure all the Alfa nuts will be cheering him on big time......

ProvaRacing

Quote from: paul edwards on November 12, 2010, 10:02:42 AM
... l'm sure all the Alfa nuts will be cheering him on big time......
Not sure about that...he's up against a Ferrari driver!

I recall bumping into Alan Jones backstage at his first function on return from winning the World title, I believe it was a Shannons auction or some such. I went to shake his hand, the conventional way and he shook with a thumb grip...it remained an enduring impression but a huge buzz.

Likewise walking with Mark Webber and my brothers chatting with him untill we got to the Paddock Club entry Aust F1 GP...where Mark was abruptly refused entry...unlike us he didn't have a pass. Unbeknown to us all at the time it was before he got his drive with Minardi...we said to the attendant "Do you know who he is?" - no matter no pass he's not coming through, I turned to Mark and said "Sorry mate".

It's been a long time since then and whilst loyalties are bound to be split, I can say I will be very happy if Mark OR Fernando wins BUT not happy at all if ANYONE else wins!

Sheldon McIntosh

Much as it pains me to say so, being a Kiwi and all, I really hope Mark gets the job done.  I don't think he's the best driver out there, but he's definitely the nicest bloke.  Vettel and Alonso are both whiney little bitches, particularly Alonso.  No matter how much you like Ferrari, I don't understand how anyone could support that little douchebag.

After all the Aussie reporting over the last few years regarding how unlucky Mark has been, I'm surprised there has been no comment this year about how lucky he's been though.  Strange that.  At least if he wins the championship, the media (well, News Limited) will fall over themselves to be excited about F1 for about two days.

Just putting on my flameproof suit now....

Frank Musco

Go Mark Webber! Go Go Go!!!

Eye of the tiger, Take no prisoners, No Tomorrow... and so on.

Sheldon McIntosh

Brad M

Luck ran out, devastated at the result ... would of preferred Alonso won.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

scuzzyGTV

QuoteLuck ran out, devastated at the result ... would of preferred Alonso won.

Couldn't agree more!
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

Barry Edmunds

And the little wimpy boy cried when the crew told him he had won the title.
Two things cost Webber the title, his own offs/driving during the year and less support from team management than they gave their preferred driver.

f1worldchamp

Current:
2006 159 JTDm
Past:
2000 GTV 2.0 Twin Spark
1973 1600 GT Junior
1987 Alfa 75 2.5

Run with the bulls
Swim with the Sharks
Race with the Italians

branko.gt

Quote from: f1worldchamp on November 15, 2010, 11:25:48 AM
Worst of all possible results.  >:(

why the hell is that the worst possible result ?

Vettel is talented and quick driver. Has balls for racing and has one of the best cars on the grid. He obviously won on his own merit.

If you don't like it I'll send you a box of tissues ....  :P

At least it was not Alonso. It would seem that he thinks that the rest of the world owes him all the favors ...  just because he is so awesome   ::)  what a little shit

Anthony Miller

1 time world champs could be considered lucky but it takes more than luck to pull it off twice or more
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

Frank Musco

That was the most agonising Grand Prix I have ever watched in my entire life. I was in denial the whole race. It was obvious from the start that Webber just didn't have the pace, and would need a clever startegic move to get him up the order. Webber was never close enough to Alonso to take an advantage of a mistake. Then it happened, Webber just touched the wall, the rear right shot out the sparks, and you just knew with his luck something was going to go wrong, but he made it to the pits and I thought he still had a chance. Then Alonso quickly ended up infront of him again after his pitstop and it was on again. But still, Webber never close enough to take advantage of an Alonso mistake, which happened, but Webber too far away, AND they got stuck behind the early pitstopers from the pace car at the start off the race. A weird race. A difficult place to pass.

Unfortunately obvious for all us Webber fans that Vettel drove an awesome weekend, and deserved it, no luck there, he drove the wheels off that car all weekend and answered all challenges.

Vettel still cries like a girl though! Therefore, does he have balls??, how did he/she do it?

branko.gt

Quote from: Anthony Miller on November 15, 2010, 07:29:56 PM
1 time world champs could be considered lucky but it takes more than luck to pull it off twice or more

Don't take me wrong, Alonso is not a bad driver, he just seem like a horrible human being, he sticks out as an extremely self centred selfish bastard in a company where everyone is self centred as a matter of course.

Also, it takes little bit more than luck to win championship, you'd have to be either dumb or ignorant to seriously think that Vettel is a lucky bastard and an undeserving world champion.

Talking about luck, Webber was quite lucky this season and it was not enough. Even the talk about apparently being a "second driver in the team" worked to his advantage, it got him fired up and motivated but that was not enough either.

my offer of tissues still stands  :'(  :P

B_Conolly

Anyone else screaming at the TV "SOMEONE CRASH !!!!! SAFETY CAR !!!!!!" in between Webber making his first stop and before the leaders made theirs ?. Felt like that race went for 6 hours, very entertaining.

Diserving champion IMHO. I would most definitely cry like a little school girl if I one an F1 championship....just quietly.

Bret

ProvaRacing

One and a half years on lets review what two (beep) said and the situation today...