Trailer - Going cheap

Started by alfagtv58, November 16, 2010, 11:31:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

If anyone gets offered a cheap car trailer, let me know.  Some b@stard just knocked mine off  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Neil Choi

Phil

Really sorry to hear.  Not nice.

Neil

alfagtv58

Best I've got. 
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Frank Musco

PRICKS

I'll be keeping a watchful eye for you Phil.

hmd

Phil,

Where was it stolen from? any locking devices?

alfagtv58

Paul - Yes I bought it from Karla.  Had a nice story behind it, her husband owning it for many years before passing away, then she owned it for a while in his memory.  Then I rebuilt it and have flogged it around racetracks ever since!

hmd - taken from work where I store it.  It was out in the open, but hidden well away from the street (and carpark too)....you would have to know it was there to be able to see it.  It had a padlock on the ball, realistically a token means of security and would have only kept the honest people away.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do now.  No funds for another ATM.  I may have to do just a couple of select meetings next year and borrow or rent a trailer for those ones. No it wasnt insured, yes I know I'm dumb.

2009 159 JTS Ti

Victor Lee

Hi Phil,

Very sorry to hear about the trailer. 

We'll all keep a look out for it!  What was the rego?  (Of course, may be changed already, but you'll never know!)

Victor
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

NigelC

Sorry to hear that Phil, I don't blame you one bit for being really pissed-off.
Current 2017 Giulia Veloce - Red
Current 1979 Alfa GTV - Ivory (Gp S racer)
Past 2007 Alfa 159 2.2 JTS Rubino Red
Past 2003 Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Red
Past 1979 Alfa GTV Red/Rust

MD

Hope you get it back Phil.

For the rest of us I think there a couple of lesson here,security and compensation.

For security I propose we all install a heat seeking taser aimed directly at any propsective thief's goolies that automatically fires upon theft. ;D ;D

For compensation in case the taser batteries run low or misfires,some basic insurance.

Just trying to reduce some strain on ya Phil with a touch of humour that often get us all over the line when we are pissed off.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

pep105

F*kin Pinholes.........

Some people have no shame

Like the others we'll try to keep an eye out. Might pack a shovel in the boot too so if you catch those bastards and take them for a drive out in the bush as Paul suggested we've got something to bury them with.......

Cheers

Tony Soprano
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Anthony Miller

Quote from: paul edwards on November 16, 2010, 12:28:14 PM
F#%KING PRICKS

Phil can you stick a photo on here of your trailer and the rego so if anyone sees it we can maybe do something about it, I know it's a long shot but what else can you do.......mate lt would be good to find the PRICKS and take them on a nice long drive into the bush........

Cheers Paul

What? Ivan Milat stylee
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

dehne

just wondering if you ever got it back
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

alfagtv58

Thanks for asking Dehne, but nope...gone to god.  Probably a different colour and interstate by now.

Eddy Bidese kindly lent me his for PI Historics and hmd from this forum has lent me his for Mallala.  I'll buy a new one eventually, I'm off to Mallala for the Easter Historicsand after that the car is going in the shed for a while (family stuff to take care of!).  So I dont need another for a while.

I may have to sell my F truck to fund it, but thats the way the cookie crumbles.
2009 159 JTS Ti

Sheldon McIntosh

Put a tray on the back of the F.  I'm sure it'll take the weight.

alfagtv58

Quote from: Sheldon McIntosh on April 05, 2011, 12:44:45 AM
Put a tray on the back of the F.  I'm sure it'll take the weight.

Are you taking the p1ss....never can tell with you  :-\ ;D

As it is right now, it would not take the weight, it would need the extra long wheel base and dual wheel rear axle....the suspension would be fine though.  Dont worry, I had thought about converting it.....too much $$ though.
2009 159 JTS Ti