[FS] 1979 Alfetta GTV Track Car

Started by GavDaniels, November 17, 2010, 10:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavDaniels

Hello All,

The time has come for me to part with the GTV. I have had some enjoyment running the car in several events this year but I have realised that I do not have the passion for the older Alfa Romeo's that I thought I would.

I am asking $8500.

I bought the car in Feburary 2010. The car was checked over and fully serviced by Bruno at Maranello motors before it took a place in the 2010 Alfa Island weekend. It has done 2 Sandown Sprint days and was part of the 11th placed Team Trofeo in the 2010 Winton 6 Hour relay this year. Before each outing the car has been checked and maintained by Maranello Motors.

The car is not registered for Historic Racing. It could be returned to condition for Group Sc class, but would require a large amount of work, As I understand it would need the roll cage replaced, Front Brakes restored to original, Ignition restored to original and some of the interior reinstalled.

Good Points.

- Almost all the suspension components are Pace Engineering. Shocks, springs, sway bars upper ball joints were all from there and most were fitted by Ed when he had the car. Some of the bar bushes and alike were done by me.
- Electronic Ignition. Brand new in from RML in the US.
- Full fibreglass rear hatch
- Alloy Half Roll Cage
- Reconditioned starter motor
- GTV6 Front discs and calipers
- Engine built (several years ago) by Bruno at Maranello Motors, so all data on what was done is all there.
- 40% worn Durezza Tyres. These were bought before Andrew used the car at Alfa Island this year. Since then they have done 2 Sandown and the 6hour.
- Passed RWC for club registration

Bad points.

- Wiring needs work. It has been hacked at by the previous owner in the attempt to lighten the car. I have fixed some of the issues (indicators / lights / wipers) and started to reinstall some of the interior dash components to improve the look.
- In the rain some water leaks in around the passenger side door seal.
- Rear boot seal requires replacement
- Small amounts of rust in the bottom of the wheel well.
- No harness for the passenger seat.

Some history about the car

It is a 1979 Alfetta GTV, which has been a track car for about 10 years.
The car was put into race spec originally in the late 1990's by Paul and Robert Meyer. They had some of the work done by Hugh at Monza motors. They raced it during 2000 to 2004. When they Meyer's had the car, the competed in the Dutton Rally in 2001 and 2002, and apparently in Targa Tasmania and Classic Adelaide.

The car was then sold and I don't know if there were any other owners before it was purchased by Ed Hellstein (currently AROCA WA President). Ed got the car and it was missing the cams log books so he was trying to get them reinstated. This is something he was not able to complete. CAMS did allow him run in the Sc category at Philip Island in 2007. While Ed was the owner of the car, some work that was done including a complete engine rebuild by Maranello Motors in 2006, and the fitment of some Pace Enginerring suspension components.

Ed sold the car when he moved to Perth in 2007. The car was repainted and heavily stripped in order to lighten it before it was run for a few events in Albury, before a failure of the clutch saw it retired for several months. It for some reason took several months for him to fix the clutch and while this was being done he bought an Evo 8, so he didn't run the Alfetta again. It was put it up for sale initially in mid 2009 and I saw it and bought it in Feb 2010.

Gavin Daniels
1979 Alfetta GTV 2.0L (For Sale)
2000 Mitsubishi Galant VR4 (New Project)
1997 Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 (Daily Drive)

GavDaniels

Realised I should have left a contact number.

I can be contacted on 0438 816 076

Am interested in reasonable offers if somebody wants a car to run at Philip Island this month.

Regards

Gavin
Gavin Daniels

GavDaniels

Hello All,

Alfetta GTV is still available.

Will accept offers around $7500 for anybody interested in purchasing before I go overseas on the 14th of January

There is also a some spares which will be supplied with the car.

Full length front air dam
Spare sets of dash instruments.
Set of USA Dash instruments (Was going to move Tach over to infront of steering wheel)
assorted water hoses
and other miscellaneous parts.

Regards

Gavin
Gavin Daniels

GavDaniels

Hey Guys,

I am back from holidays.

The GTV is still available.

Regards

Gavin
Gavin Daniels

GavDaniels

Gavin Daniels