FOR SALE

1986 Alfa 75, 1985 2.5 V6

Mechanical
New master cylinder and salve cylinder
New handbrake cable
New guibos/donuts
Rebuilt rear brakes and handbrake
Redone intake (fixed all leaks) with new piping where available
Fully serviced, uses no oil or clutch/brake fluid, includes all fluids, spark plugs etc
Timing belt done approximately 8000 kilometers ago
8mm Top Gun leads
New swaybar linkages
New Pedders sport shocks all round (comparable to Bilsteins in terms of stiffness)
A lot of bushes replaced
Rear muffler removed

Engine is very strong, gearbox does not grind into any gear unless you are brutal, clutch is excellent, twinspark box and diff (definitely a LSD, you can tell on hard cornering), rebuilt gear linkages, rebuilt handbrake, a lot more done mechanically. The V6 is incredibly strong and is one of the quickest essentially stock V6's I have driven.     

Body
Body is stock and in average condition.
Typical rust in boot around joins
Typical rust in one rear guard (50c piece sized)
Assorted dings typical of a car this age
No rust in any other areas, jacking mounts aren't rusty for instance, floor and chassis is very good

Electrical
All electrical items work but the speedometer works intermittently, I have it narrowed down to the speedometer itself.
Redid most of the grounds

Other
Seats have been re-trimmed
Minor cracks in dash
Steering wheel in average condition

Price: $2000 ono

I will upload some recent pictures tomorrow

spoynter

Looking forward to some pics! Whereabouts in Tas?

75Guy

I am in Hobart but I would have no hesitation in driving it up to Launceston or Burnie.

Its a little dirty at the moment as it has been sitting around while I waited for the slave cylinder. I can upload something today if you don't mind camera phone pictures.

It uses no oil even on long trips and I have been running a 10W-40 synthetic as long as I have had it and oil pressure is fantastic (measured with an incredibly accurate digital gauge/sensor). So I have good reason to believe that the engine was either incredibly well cared for, rebuilt, or replaced at some point - no high kilometer V6 should run this well, no smoke no coughs and splutters, starts first time every time. The only thing I would do is replace the battery terminals as they are corroded and don't fit as perfectly as I like (occasionally I have to jump out of the car and adjust them so that the positive terminal had sufficient contact...).

I can't lie the body is average but mechanically I couldn't be happier.

75Guy

If you are in Hobart it is now sitting for sale along Sandy Bay Road near that newish cafe around Mawhere Avenue.

Marked price is $2000 ono.

spoynter

I may know someone who is interested, I'll point him in your direction :)