For Sale: 1974 Berlina 2000 Manual

Started by alfa75gta, November 27, 2010, 11:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfa75gta

I'm posting this on behalf of a guy who mentioned he had a Berlina that he wanted to sell.

Interestingly, a guy who delivers parcels for the Australia Post delivered to my house and noticed my Berlina outside. He told me he had one in his shed and wanted to sell it.  I went to see the car. It is a standard original car apart from paint and the front seats. It has 67000 miles on the clock and a stash of receipts including lots of work by Beninca Motors. It didn't start due to a flat battery and he hasn't driven it for a couple of years I think. He said that there was a problem with the brakes and the rear muffler/pipe was missing but otherwise it was mechanicaly sound.  It has been resprayed in the last 10 years of its life I would say and the paint looks good but it does have a ding in one door I think. Otherwise the paint looks nice but it could do with a polish.  The interior is very neat and the front seats have been recovered in leather.  It needs the rear seat doing and the headlining and carpets are just average, but still neat enough. Anyhow, i'm sure it would clean up very nicely if anyone is interested in what appears to be a good, solid Berlina. No doubt a good tub would improve its appearance greatly!  

The car is located in Reefton, further on from Warburton in the far corner of the Yarra Valley, about 1hr's drive from Lilydale.

I'm not sure what sort of $$$ he wants for it but he's quite eager to sell. I'd say its probably worth $2-3K though as it does appear to be quite a good car - certainly too good a car to be lost.

I don't want to be the "middle man" as such but for privacy reasons, if anyone is seriously interested send me a PM for his contact numbers and you can contact him yourselves.

Nigel
1990 Alfa 75 3.0
1986 Giulietta 2.0
1985 Giulietta 2.0
1982 Alfetta 3.0
1978 Alfetta GTV
1970 Giulia 1600 Super
1964 Giulia 1600 Ti

alfa75gta

1990 Alfa 75 3.0
1986 Giulietta 2.0
1985 Giulietta 2.0