Alfasud Quotes

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, November 28, 2010, 11:51:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

Came across a couple of good Sud quotes recently....

Mike McCarthy, Wheels Magazine, Feb 1987...  "For design and dynamics the Alfasud, launched in late 1971, was the last Alfa to set standards that took other makers years to match."

Jeremy Clarkson, The Weekend Australian, November 20 2010....."Girls will not be interested in you if your car has wider wheels.  They will not notice.  And if you tell them, they will think that you are boring and will sleep with your best friend, who has an Alfasud that doesn't work and a Victorian poetry collection."

DAMO1A

Wheels Magazine - Jan 1984

Article Road Test

Title, 'RIP Alfasud 1971-1984. So long Sud old friend.  What a way to go',

...'But Alfa, being Alfa, has capped the Sud's career at the final stroke and is sending it off in fine style. Not for the Sud an apologetic fade-out.  Instead it bows out with a jaunty flourish in the shape of the Ti Twin Carb model.....It probably rates as the most collectable model too...because it is the best as well as the last'
2015 Giulietta QV TCT
1990 Alfa Spider Series 4

philpot

...and the least likely to survive... :P

I really like my Victorian Poetry Collection! Though I do have a few NSW contributors...

Some recent contributions...

Whats the best way to wash an Alfa Romeo?..........With Alfasuds!

What do Alfasuds and Alka Seltzer have in common?...........They both dissolve in water!!!

Disclaimer: Author owns above referenced vehicles. Any relation, reference, allusion, aspersion stated or implied, is based purely on non-fictional real-word experience...Correspondence will be happily entered into. ;)
1992 33 1.7 16v QV - white     1998 156 Twin Spark - white     1990 33 1.7 16v QV - silver     1985 33 1.5 QV - silver

Past:   '81 Alfasud ti      '76 Alfasud ti

Frank Musco

It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's an Alfasud!  :o

Evan Bottcher

Chris Chilton in Car, July 2010:

"Slow and fun.  Brilliantly relevant and exactly the opposite of many modern performance cars."
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Rory Sutherland

I can't remember who said this to me but

"Alfasuds reward you for being ballsy, if you go into a corner to quick you have to keep the power going"
Current
1986 1.7 Alfa Romeo Sprint - Race car
2000 2.0 Subaru Impreza RX - Daily
1987 2.5 V6 Alfa Romeo 90 - Project

Past
1985 1.5 Alfa Romeo 33 - Race car