Brera Koni

Started by Doug Gould, December 07, 2010, 11:51:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doug Gould

Some time ago I bought a set of Koni's for the Brera from Barry Brookes at Topperformance on a whim while I was buying a bunch of other stuff. I fitted them on the weekend. I never ceased to be amazed at the improvement that Koni yields - even over the still new OE gas shocks. The high speed damping (response over small bumps) is especially impressive. Its worth doing, but next time I'll pay Hugh or someone else to do it. It took me all weekend.

Doug
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

shiny_car

Agreed, I'm a fan of KONI Sport dampers. Good to hear you're happy too.

Except 'next time', I would consider KW coilovers.

In general, I think factory Alfa dampers are not very good for Australian conditions. Compression is too hard, and rebound too soft. Quite the opposite of what I (personally) like.

Btw, did you have to buy yourself a set of Torx-E socket pieces?!

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey

Doug Gould

I have a full set of torx keys & sockets. I was, however amazed at the variety of sizes of hex sockets, torx sockets, torx keys and screwdrivers required. Most manufacturers stick to a system; eg, even bolt sizes or uneven bolt sizes. Not Alfa, they have a bit of everything.
08 159 JTS
07 Brera
85 GTV6
72 Montreal
65 2600 Sprint
60 VW Beetle

shiny_car

The Italian way, eh?!

I discovered similar with an Italian car stereo amplifier (Sinfoni brand). Required 5 different driver pieces (Phillips, Torx, etc) to open it up! Any Japanese amplifier would require just a single Phillips head.  ::)

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey