How Many 24valve converted GTV6s in Aus?

Started by LaStregaNera, December 14, 2010, 10:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaStregaNera

Ok, so how many of these things are actually getting around? Technically a 24valve GTV6 is not legal for Group 2B,  but there appears to be one or two that have been log booked with the 24valver... There is a loophole in the Group 2B rules that lets you run a conversion if at least 10 of them have been built in the country - it's why they're allowed to run the Honda powered Lotus Elises.
So what I'm asking is, Is there 10 24valve GTV6s in the country (registered or racing - I don't think incomplete projects count)?
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

Scott Farquharson

There are quite a few not sure of the exact number - probably not 10 - you can log book them as 2B - technically not legal - but they have been racing in 2B for many many years.....don't forget issue of a log book does not confirm the legality of a car....
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)

LaStregaNera

Yeah, I'm told they're more flexible with the rules in 2F/2B in NSW, and *alot* more flexible with the rules in Vic - Read the 2B rules, and then read the RACE mag article about the TVR...
Problem is, I'm told they're pretty tight on that stuff in QLD so if there's 10, it could be made legit.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

aggie57

I reckon we'd be getting close to 10 by now.  Do they need to be log booked?
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

LaStregaNera

I don't know what sort of proof Cams would want...
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6