GTV6 resto- engine install

Started by Repco Lad, December 19, 2010, 05:03:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Repco Lad

Following on from my last posts for anyone interested, the car has now been painted, and the installation of all the components I pulled out has commenced.

Paint and panel work completed by Paul Rankin. Paul was kind enough to let me leave the car in a corner of his shop while I dismantled, prepped the engine bay, and finally put everything back together.

Wiring loom was tricky, even with numerous photos, but I eventually got it back into place, tidying/ hiding it where I could.
Interesting to note there have been a number of mods that have been done over the years, with additional relays and wires added into to the loom.

Car is now up at Monza's where Hugh and the boys are installing the engine/ LSD, with the view to having it running in the week before X-mas

Had a win with the transaxle I bought- on inspection of the internals, it appears to have been rebuilt fairly recently

Regards
RL

Repco Lad

Engine being installed:

Repco Lad

Engine in place- can't wai to get it out on the road...

MD

Oh what a feeling !!!  oops wrong ad.

Nice going.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

BradGTV

great work, it should be fantastic to drive with the 3.0,
i hope to do the same to my gtv6 in the near future  :)
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

ANT_GTV6

Ooh I like, Makes me want to restore my silver GTV6, miss driving it. Nice car