Why do Alfas have so few problems!

Started by Wanderer, July 27, 2007, 11:12:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wanderer

Most car forums are full of owners asking for help with the myriad of problems they are having but we lucky Alfa owners rarely post at all , let alone need any help. On this General Category there are only about ten posts for the whole month of July.
As an example my son has a 300ZX and avidly supports their Forum - just today as an example there are around 50 posts and about 500 replies already and they keep at it till 4 am. They are really a passionate mob - I think some of them even sleep with their cars!
I thought the Alfisti were supposed to be the most passionate car types of all but we rarely raise a sweat compared to this lot - check out their site if you dont believe me.
So maybe the story that Alfas are poorly built and unreliable and bits fall off them every other day is just that - a story!

http://www.aus300zx.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1&order=desc

Fast Eddie

Our forum tends to be attended by those already in the know about Alfas perhaps with most Alfa problems seemingly appearing on that other forum site.

Either that or, as you say we dont get the same sort of problems.  Probably a case of a lot more water under the bridge so most people have already encountered avery problem and can fix em.  We've got a great cross section of sponsor/advertisers who know their stuff so people know to go straight to them.

Let's keep that story alive
Now -
nuffin
Then -
76 Sud L 1.3
85 33 1.5
00 156 Selespeed
77 Alfetta GTV - Group S project - "yellow peril"
86 SudSprint 1.5 - clubsprint car
77 Alfetta GTV - Tarmac rally/Group S
03 156GTA 3.2 manual
80 Alfetta GTV
07 166 -3.0 Ti.
86 GTV6

GTAM1

Perhaps we're too busy driving our cars to be talking crap on the net.

Sheldon McIntosh

Or could be the fact that it's very easy and cheap to get big horsepower out of japanese cars, so people often do that without thinking of how much stress it will put on other components.

I don't know a great deal about the dirty stuff on cars, but it seems to me in my short experience with Alfas that they are engineered very well.  I've only had problems with fiddly things like interior trim and switches and such like.