50 sexiest cars ever

Started by grpa9x, January 09, 2011, 07:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grpa9x

hi all,
i just noticed that wheels magazine have released a list of the 50 sexiest cars ever. Alfa scored 5 cars in the list;
37th; alfa romeo 105 spider 1966 duetto
29th; junior zagato
22nd; giulia 105 coupe
8th;  8c competizione
4th;  33 stradale,

cheers michael ;D

jimnielsen

This must be a mistake! I can't believe that the stylish Alfa 90 didn't make it into the top 50!? Some people just don't recognize good design...
'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

kartone

Alfa Arna, e sei subito un alfista!
82 GTV6 split-dash
80 Alfetta GTV

Barry Edmunds

It is all academic, as in beauty in the eye of the beholder etc, etc but IMHO any publicaton that would put its name to a list such as this and can only list the 33 Stradale at 4th place on a "beauty" list doesn't have much credibility anyway.

At the end of the day all lists like this are just opinions, and like all opinions are neither right nor wrong, just opinions.

For e.g. COTY award. That particular award lost any claim to credibility many years ago when the Holden Camira was voted COTY. When the Camira got COTY again the following year it had many scratching their heads in wonderment.

Sad fact of life is that the people who are involved in deciding COTY and "beauty" lists actually believe that their opinions matter.

L4OMEO

QuoteFor e.g. COTY award. That particular award lost any claim to credibility many years ago when the Holden Camira was voted COTY. When the Camira got COTY again the following year it had many scratching their heads in wonderment

????

The JB Camira won in 1982, the Telstar/626 won in 1983.
2002 156 GTA

Joe Falcone

if this sexy list was made in the 80s alfetta gt/v would have made top 5
and probably should've made it now. i agree people that
make these lists have got their hands on it all the time!

joe
1979 Alfetta GTV
1991 75 3.0 QV (potenziata)
2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio
2021 Stelvio Veloce

dehne

Quote from: jimnielsen on January 09, 2011, 08:05:15 AM
This must be a mistake! I can't believe that the stylish Alfa 90 didn't make it into the top 50!? Some people just don't recognize good design...
it was number one but then they realiosed that the list should be designed at more typical road cars than super,supurb and the probable the best car ever made and will ever be made  ;D but it did beat the 155
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's