75 keys and barrels and ignition

Started by bt46, January 19, 2011, 06:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bt46

Might need a complete set ie: lh and rh doors and ignition. Anyone have some?
Cheers

bt46

Still need keys and barrels but just for the front doors. Does anyone know if the barrels are the same as any other alfa?

ANG156

Try these guys for brand new keys. If you have a barrell you can just buy the new keys bring they keys and barell to a lock smith and you can key it alike. I did the same for my 33 16valve when i had. I got the ignition key keyed the same as the door locks since i hated having so many keys.
http://www.keys4classics.com/

bt46

thanks ang but someone has damaged the drivers side lock trying to brake into the car so the easy fix is two second hand barrels with a key
cheers

AlfaACT

bt46,
If you already have central locking, maybe all you need is a remote actuator for the locks.
Presumably the passenger door lock still works and you have a key for it if your remote batteries go flat. The drivers door in it current state might even provide an additional barrier to theives as well. maybe ... ?

bt46

Thanks alfaact...its a mates car and its a bit of a heap. The drivers door lock is damaged and he broke the key off because hes been using the damaged lock for 12 months so he has no keys for the door locks. The central locking kind of works but im not going to be the poor bastard that fits a remote actuator but I like that idea.
Someone must be parting a 75 with front doors and keys.........
Cheers