**SOLD Pending Payment 09/02/11**FS: '88 model 75 Twin Spark

Started by Ads, November 08, 2010, 04:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ads

Hi guys,

Though I've only had the 75 since April, I am looking for a wagon now and this is the car that has to move on.  It's not very timely as the next issue of Cross and Serpent will have my review of when I first purchased it...but anyway, things change.

I bought it as a fun, cheap car (currently with 224,500kms on it) with the potential to be used more regularly than my previous 105.  It originally had a drainpipe exhaust on it and the cat was finished, so I had a new cat put in along with a new mild steel cat-back exhaust and (I think) a 2 inch pipe.

Other items installed since I acquired it:

-New windscreen as part of sale agreement with previous owner
-Good second hand driveshaft including uncracked donuts and centre bearing
-New tyres (Firestone 'Wide-Oval' 205/50 which I have to say give excellent wet grip)
-Changed relay and installed new thermostat
-Fire extinguisher
-Upgraded brake pads, race fluid
-Other maintenance items that I have receipts for.  

All work bar the cat-back exhaust done at Maranello Motors- Bruno or Giancarlo can vouch that I have put a lot in to bring it up to the mechanical standard I had expected when I purchased it.  No synchro crunch and all the windows work!

Cosmetically as you can see there is a crack in the front spoiler section and a couple of other blemishes around.  Rear interior is basically untouched and the front is pretty good for age.

It has the AC compressor but it needs a re-gas.  The prev owner also installed a DVD player and Pioneer speeakers that sit in the rear parcel shelf.  You can see the 156 16 inch wheels of course.

Other stuff- the Alfa Romeo 'control' panel has the usual random flashes (but the car has no issues), the rev counter is out and the speedo is approx. 10km/h optimistic.  In fact the only gauges that are accurate are the fuel level and water temps  :)

So, I'd be looking at $5000 $4600ono with a RWC and rego till July 2011. **Also would listen to trades for a nineties Liberty GX AWD manual wagon (or RS if you like).
Please send through a PM or email ads027 at gmail dot com for further info.

Prev: 75 TS
Prev: 1974 1600GT Junior (2 litre)

Ads

More pics.

Ads

Hey fellas,

I might throw this up on ebay at the end of the week if no-one from the club wants it first!

The price is negotiable with/without reg and rwc, etc.

AD

Typhoon90

It's just a bad time of year to sell anything mate, it's a very nice looking car. If you can hold off, the used car market tends to pick up again around late January, once everyone's money situations come back to normal!

Regards, Andrew.

Ads

Cheers Andrew,

You are right of course, it's getting a little close to Christmas, so 'tis bad timing.  Still, it's worth a shot and I want it to go to an enthusiast  :)

Mic

'90 75 3.0L 'Potenziata'
'95 Celica - Daily Driver

Ads

Hi all,

I will prob put this up on ebay over the weekend, need the funds...

Cheers

Ads

$4600 for the car.

If it doesn't sell, if anyone wants the wheels (16 inch 156 teledials with new tyres- have tyre invoice for $700) I'd swap them for a set of the original 15 inch type with good tyres, can negotiate cash difference via PM.

Ads

Hi all, happy new year!

This 75 is still for sale.  Offers around $3250 as is.

New car purchase means this needs to head off!

AD

Ads

Ads

This car has been SOLD pending payment.

Thanks for your time.

AD