Some engine mods

Started by scuzzyGTV, February 28, 2011, 10:21:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scuzzyGTV

Just a few shots of the engine bay now it has the nissan injection on. I'm pretty happy with the result, the only bit that doesnt look too factory (to non-alfisti) is the secondary tank. Off for dyno tuning on Wed, then will get inspected and transferred to tassie plates next week before the CMI hillclimb.
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

ANG156

ScuzzyGTV,
                   interesting setup you have there. My brother has a 84 model Giulietta with multi throttles and sequential ignition system on it. Fuel injections conversions on the nord engine seem to be getting popular these days!

Just wondering if you are using an aftermarket ecu or the delco ecu?

scuzzyGTV

Hi ANG156
I'm using the Wolf 3D v4.0 for my ecu. It seems to be working ok thus far, but not many k's on it, nor a proper tune.
Ideally I'd love to have run something like this: http://www.efihardware.com/products/1703/pro-race-4cyl-kit-484543mm
But alas, money gets in the way once again!
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

BradGTV

very nice, let us know if there is any power increase over carbs?
itb's are actually very cheap, just check out the ones of a suzuki gsxr 750 42mm (i think?) butterfly and can be had for about $200 shipped from america.
i have the same set up on my bench (camira manifold, delco ecu, harness and lada coil pack ignition) waitng for a rainy day  ;D
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

scuzzyGTV

Brad, given the mods i've had done on the inside, it'll be a bit difficult to tell what the difference is between the 2  ;)
I'm really hoping for somewhere between 170-200 @ the fly, but I'm damn sure it'll need at least 1 more run once the engine has been run in.
if you like i'd be more than happy to swap the weather with you for a while, then you can do your FI setup.
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

Storm_X

oh you got it all going, looks good.

What mods have you done to the engine??

Its a shame because i am getting a dyno print out on my Giulietta soon i can compare the difference between the stock 2.0 and the turbo engine.

When you get it on the dyno can you please see how much rwkw it has at the wheels, only if it was standard so we could compare carb to EFI gain.

Thanks Chris
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

scuzzyGTV

Storm
I've got some extremely nice high compression pistons from Vin @ Pace, I salavated over them for a week  ;D
I also have some lumpy cams, with nice long duration.
It'll be great to finally have a drive (once registered of course).
81 GTV 2.0 - Red

BradGTV

sounds good, but i might need some more money as the delco re-map wont be cheap  either will a aftermarket ecu ;D
any mods to the head? valves ect. ?
what size injectors are u using?
cheers, Brad
79 gtv sr20, 83 gtv, 83 gtv6 3.0, 75 ts x 3, 85 gtv, 76 gt, 91 164, Subey L Series, S13 silvia, Bmw e30 318i, VT SS 6spd

hammer

That efi Hardware set up is a lovely bit of kit. I'm lucky enough to have it on my ex-Jim Neilsen Gulietta (with the additional fuel rail inside the airbox that cuts in at 3800rpm). I have the head of that engine at present actually and gave the fuel injection system a full clean up - looks nice and shiny again, just like the pic.

Cheers,

Brent