Alfa Romeo Museum to close ... needs help!

Started by Victor Lee, January 21, 2011, 03:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victor Lee

I have received this today.  Please read and support this campaign!

Dear Alfisti,

During the last days a very reliable source gave me the bad news that our beloved Alfa Romeo Museum in Arese is still likely to be broken up notwithstanding the constraint of the Italian Ministry of Culture "Ministero dei Beni Culturali".

The current ownership is putting huge pressure on the Ministry in Rome with the aim of having such constraint modified. The current ownership's final goal is not only to sell some of the cars, but also to sell the whole structure, to finally move the remaining cars to Turin, and lock them in a warehouse as it has already been done with the Lancia Museum.

I ask you to show your attachment to what is every Alfisti's spiritual "home", the Alfa Romeo Museum in Arese.
Built and opened on December 18th, 1976 from the then President Giuseppe Luraghi, the Alfa Romeo Museum is the essence of the Brand, it tells the story of its great victories, its great technological innovations, and its unforgettable cars.

Unfortunately there is not much time: at the end of January 2011 the Italian Ministry of Culture will evaluate the request of modification to the constraint, as sent in by the current ownership, and will eventually issue a ministerial decree protecting the Alfa Romeo Museum in Arese after having examined the reasons of the promoters of this initiative against the reasons of the current ownership.

A blog has been created, it's very simple to navigate and with only one message: please click on "Comments" and write your feelings about the possibility for the museum to be broken up and the cars locked in a warehouse. Your comments will help a lot!

The internet site for the blog is: www.alfaromeoarese.com

You don't need to register, just say who you are in the message you will leave.
In the next days the blog will be constantly monitored, and the messages left will be very helpful in preventing the constraint of the Italian Ministry of Culture to be modified.

PS: when forwarding this email make sure not to send it to email addresses in some ways connected with the current ownership.

Thank you very much in advance for your support!

Andrea Vecchi

Alfa Romeo Club Milano
Presidente
Mail to: andrea.vecchi@alfaclubmilano.it
Phone: +39.333.8996000

Italian version below

Cari amici Alfisti,

Ieri sera e in tutta la giornata di oggi mi sono giunte voci, da fonti molto attendibili, che il nostro amato Museo è ancora a rischio di smembramento, nonostante il vincolo del Ministero dei Beni Culturali.

Stanno arrivando altissime pressioni a Roma per cercare di modificare il vincolo, il loro intento non è solo quello di vendere alcuni dei preziosi gioielli, ma quello di vendere la struttura intera, per poi spostare tutte le vetture rimaste a Torino e chiuderle in un capannone come è stato fatto per Lancia.

Ci chiedono una prova "tangibile" da parte di tutti gli appassionati del marchio più amato al mondo, un serie di messaggi uno dietro l'altro per manifestare il proprio affetto verso quello che per noi Alfisti è la nostra Casa, ma purtroppo non c'è tantissimo tempo: a fine mese infatti scadrà il periodo entro il quale il Ministero dei Beni Culturali dovrà verificare le opposizioni e le relative richieste di modifica, presentate dalla proprietà, dopodiché  il Consiglio dei Ministri dovrà emettere il decreto prendendo in esame le ragioni di chi ha "promosso" questa iniziativa e di chi invece sta cercando in ogni modo di modificarla.

E' stato creato un blog tanto semplice quanto spartano, con un messaggio unico, non vi resta che passare parola, cliccare sui commenti, e dire la vostra, anche solo un commento da parte di tutti noi può aiutare tantissimo.

Il sito internet del blog è www.alfaromeoarese.com

Potete farlo anche senza iscrivervi, basta solo dire chi siete nel testo del messaggio, in questi giorni questo blog verrà monitorato costantemente da chi sta lavorando, per impedire che il vincolo venga modificato.

PS: nell'inoltrare la mail abbiate l'accortezza di non farlo verso mail aziendali o collegate in qualche maniera alla proprietà.

Un doppio lampeggio e a presto!

Andrea Vecchi

Alfa Romeo Club Milano
Presidente
Mail to: andrea.vecchi@alfaclubmilano.it
Phone: +39.333.8996000

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

branko.gt

that is terrible, trust Fiat to bury the history of Alfa Romeo.

one can say that Fiat is supporting the Alfa Romeo brand in a same way that a rope is supporting a hanged man.

Davidm1600

I saw all this sort of thing about a year ago on the BB, and there were similar comments made about Fiat and its ownership of Alfa at the time.  As I recall, and perhaps my memory fails me, it was a load of bollocks and there in fact was no threat to the museum. 

However, perhaps there is now ???  The one thing I do doubt though is that it is not the Fiat enthusiasts, even within such a large company like Fiat who would wish to see this occur, but rather the ususal money men (the dreaded accountants) trying to save some euros, and they exist in all large companies.  Fiat also has a museum and from my understanding is certainly proud of its own motoring history/heritage. 

To me that is the angle one should take on such an announcement, to let Management know that if they are serious about such a possible decision that it is the wrong one, and that the history of all the Italian Marques are important.  That is, it should be a part of the marketing angle, an economic advantage to ensure their ongoing success.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Victor Lee

Hi all,

Speaking to Andrei Zaitzev (Alfa Romeo Austalia General Manager) just now and he confirms the following statement directly from Alfa Romeo:

"For the record, the Alfa Romeo Museum (building & contents) is listed by the Italian Ministry of Arts & Culture and recognised as Italian National Patrimony. Obviously we are proud of this recognition.

There are no plans to either sell the collection or close the museum."

Cheers

Victor

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

aggie57

Sounds positive Vic - lets hope they stick to their word.  Unlike others (you lucky so and so!) I've yet to see the place and it's on my to-do-before-I-die list!
Alister
14 Alfa's since 1977. 
Currently 1973 GTV 2000, 2020 911 C2S MT, 2021 Mercedes GLE350, 2023 Polestar 2 LRDM
Gone......far too many to list

Victor Lee

Just say to your Vic that you'll take her shopping in Milano and that should get you half way there!   ;D ;D

Storm_X

"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"