Le Mans - The Movie

Started by Scott Farquharson, July 13, 2007, 03:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alfagtv58

Quote from: Scott Farquharson on July 15, 2007, 07:48:38 PM
Oh, and do we all know this is the same night and Marcus and Kate's wedding....

This solves the "what do we do in between the ceremony and the reception" dilema.....go and see Le Mans.  It beats going to the local pokies.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Simon Francis

The movie Le Mans holds a personel note for me as my dad is actually in the film. For his holidays in 1970 he went from England to France and hitch hiked to the track. Several weeks before he even wrote to John Wyer (owner of the Gulf Porsche team) asking if there was any way he could help the team and therefore get into the track for free. Although John said his team was full, he knew of some teams that needed a few people so dad got into the track for free as part of the Chevron prototype team. I'm not quite sure what he did, but at the start he could reach out and touch one of the Gulf 917 as it qualified just infront of the Chevron pits. You can't really see him as the only footage he is in is the wide shots of the start but you can see him in some of the photos in that issue of Motorsport magazine, i'll see if I can dig it out.
Current Alfas
1982 Red GTV 2.0 (first car I ever bought, building into a GTV6 rally car)
1976 Black Alfetta 1.8 Autocross car
1986 Silver GTV6 (such blast to drive)
1988 164 ($800 off ebay still registered)
1971 Berlina (sorta track prepped car, full cage etc. etc..)
1974 Berlina (spares)

Scott Farquharson

That's a great story.  I used to go to Surfers Paradise and Lakeside in the 70's but its not quite the same is it....
Scott Farquharson
Group A Dulux Alfetta GTV6
Group S Alfetta GTV
Alfetta GT (GTAM?)