Alfa Romeo Owners Club of Australia - are you a paid up member?

Started by Evan Bottcher, February 13, 2011, 12:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Evan Bottcher

Recently I've been wondering if everyone who uses this forum is aware of the Alfa Romeo Owners Club of Australia (http://www.alfaclub.org.au).  There is an AROCA club in each state, to become a member you pay a small fee - as a member you can attend club events social and motorsport, technical sessions, weekend drives, and club nights.  In some states at least, you have to be a financial member of the club to get cheap registration for your classic Alfa.

This website is a service provided for free by AROCA.  People who are not members of AROCA are welcome to join this forum and contribute to the community, but we'd also hope that you'd at least consider becoming a member of AROCA as well.  This page has links to the membership applications for each state club.

AROCA existed a long time before the Internet.  The Victorian club was started in 1969, before a lot of the members of this forum were born I'd bet, me included.  There's a lot of activities that you can benefit from in the club that don't involve the Internet (!), but you'd have to join the club to find out.

Here's another thing while I'm on a rant... 

Your forum profile has a field that says "AROCA Division".  If you are not a financial member of an AROCA club, can you please make sure this is set to "Not a member yet".  It didn't ask you where you lived, it asked you which club you paid to be a member of.

cheers,

Evan (Proud, Passionate, and Paid up)

P.S.  I'm not a part of the AROCA Vic committee, nor the webmaster of this site (not for a while now).  These views do not represent AROCA etc. etc.  I'm just a 'hero member' apparently.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

ALFA156DALE

-------------------------------
Alfa 156 2.5ltr V6
Land Rover TDI 300