Alfa 4c concept at Geneva

Started by Evan Bottcher, March 01, 2011, 10:04:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank Musco

Quote from: Sheldon McIntosh on March 02, 2011, 09:12:01 AM
Quote from: Frank Musco on March 02, 2011, 12:00:54 AM
I could live with the look of the front, but it will take me some time to get used to the back

Is that any better?

Sheldon, with that view in mind I now see that rear end is flawless, thanks for correcting me. Also nice work in photoshop, looks grouse in black, like to see it in Sprint green?

Love the Diva. Looks like an awesome track car. Give the Lotus Elise a scare.

Quote from: MD on March 02, 2011, 07:32:04 PM
The Japs aren't going to take this sitting down. They have rapidly assembled an itchy mickey design team and come up with a hot contender.

It's got more payload. Easy polish spray on enamel (environmentally friendly green too). Carries the entire table tennis team in the back and a small mascot dog. With the cheese cutter tyres pumped to 45PSI, it gets 66miles to the gallon. Great disguise in a loading zone and the trade in values are through the roof.

My money is on the Japs... ;D

Very funny MD, but we all know it won't have a soul, but everything will work, clinically, and what fun is that?

Mechanically, Alfa should have design themselves, in-house, an ALL ALLOY BOXER, Flat four, you know those square motors with two heads, to lower center of gravity or something like that, with a new transaxle for this car. 

I want one.

Frank Musco

Sheldon, Thanks for my new screen saver. I wont be able to sleep tonight...and I think I just wet my pants.

pep105

Amazing what happens when you get the right colour hey Frank?
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Frank Musco

Thanks Pep, you know I love my green.  :D

monoman

Quote from: Frank Musco on March 02, 2011, 11:28:18 PM
Sheldon, Thanks for my new screen saver. I wont be able to sleep tonight...and I think I just wet my pants.

Front or back?

How did Alfa manage to get away with "never mind it doesn't work, it's got soul". Last time I was stuck by the side of the road late at night with the selespeed stuck fucknose what gear, I can remember that little voice inside saying, "at least it's got soul"

Sheldon McIntosh

It's not too bad in that green actually.

Quote from: monoman on March 02, 2011, 11:49:22 PM
How did Alfa manage to get away with "never mind it doesn't work, it's got soul".

I tell my girlfriend every time we get in an Alfa "It would be boring if every trip didn't have that ever-present threat of a breakdown".  She doesn't share my enthusiasm for the thought though for some reason....

monoman

To think some people say women are irrational.

Soul describes all the driving quirks just fine. Arsehole describes it when it won't go.

Back to the 4C. It's not my cup of tea, but I have no problem with others liking it. Kind of like Iike Ferraris but can't stand LOOK AT ME lambos.

Frank Musco

Quote from: monoman on March 02, 2011, 11:49:22 PM
Quote from: Frank Musco on March 02, 2011, 11:28:18 PM

Front or back?

How did Alfa manage to get away with "never mind it doesn't work, it's got soul". Last time I was stuck by the side of the road late at night with the selespeed stuck fucknose what gear, I can remember that little voice inside saying, "at least it's got soul"

No, I'm O.K, I just spilt my coffee...crisis over.    I'm happy you know about the soul, I too have been on the left contemplating this whole soul thing on the side of the road.

Sheldon, one day I'll convert someone, but for now I'll keep flying the green flag. Come on, it's 1/3 of the Italian Flag!

Go the 4C!

GregSale

Say what ya like - if the specs are close, I dont care what colour it is..... I dont care if Fiat make it...... I'll put my deposit down as soon as I can (I suspect that a blown 18 inch wont fit in the boot of this one either when you use the spacesaver - but THATS part of the soul or so I tell myself)
2007 Spider Black

MD

I thought the Alfa styling was crap until I saw the new BMW...

I'm having trouble holding back the pizza and the sixpack after seeing the front end..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iPVmWAUv2cg&feature=player_embedded
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

alfagtv100 (Biggus)

Marco Leoncelli
2017 Giulia. Yeah, baby.
1971 1750 GTV Coupe Series II
Past: 2008 159 Ti V6 3.2, RenaultSport Clio 182 (smuf blue).

Craig_m67

It's gorgeous
I see Lotus, Spyker, 8c, Zagato, tz... sex, arguments,  Alfa

Every Alfa i've loved has had her faults and downright temperamental indifference.
Every single one
No half measures

If this comes in RHD, it will join the Duetto.
The rest of you are false prophets

:)
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: alfagtv100 (Biggus) on March 03, 2011, 10:40:40 PM
I wonder how it would look in Corolla Baby Shit Brown?

Haha.  I do vaguely remember that colour, you probably have a better idea of it nowadays than I do.  I just did one that approximated the colour of my cat's shit after he'd had a night on the turps.

Sheldon McIntosh

Quote from: Craig_m67 on March 04, 2011, 12:03:41 AM
It's gorgeous
I see Lotus
Spyker
8c, Zagato, tz
... sex
arguments

Alfa

Fixed Changed that for you my amusement.  Now it's an e.e. cummings poem.   Tried to make it a haiku, but this was easier.

And it's beautiful, nice work Craig_m67.