Giulietta Spider for sale (Vic)

Started by pep105, March 02, 2011, 01:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pep105

Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

alanm

Thats Duttons in South Yarra, I might have to have to check it out myself, they always have some nice cars though too many of them are Porsches.
They also make a very nice coffee.

Cheers
Alan
Present
1987 75 TS Rosso
2001 GTV V6 Nero
2001 156 V6 Monza Rosso
Past
1986 GTV6 Grand Prix
1988 33

SimonR

Looks like Duttons purchased this car from an AROCA NSW member recently, I believe Duttons are going to make a very good margin on this car at this advertised selling price as it was only advertised for $68k in the AROCA NSW magazine a few months ago.(provided it is the same vehicle but looks identical though!)
1973 Alfa Spider - Red
1984 GTV 2.0 - White

pep105

Thought it might be Duttons, they had a RHD 1600 GTA for sale back in 2007 for $160000.

Does look like the car that was advertised on the AROCA NSW website recently.

Nice coffee is a bonus nice incentive to check it out

Cheers
Pep
Current
'74 GT 1600 Junior  (Currently under restoration)
'84 Alfetta GCL Sedan
'02 Vespa ET4 150
'05 GT 3.2
Past
'82 Fiat 131 Superbrava Mk II
'82 Alfetta GTV 2.0
'88 75 Twinspark
'80 Alfetta Sedan
'02 147 Twinspark

Davidm1600

Agree definitely looks like a really nice example and the coffee should be good at Duttons.  My only other thought though is that you could probably pick up a similar condition out of the US, (sure LHD) and ship it to Aus for considerably less than this one.  Given that, being LHD wouldn't concern me.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

CDH105

Yes the car is at Duttons in South Yarra and got to have a look at it the other day.
It is quite beautiful, but woh the price is very exy.
As a comparison there's a 1959 Sprint in the current Unique Cars Mag for $38,000.00.
Maybe buy two and you're still way in front.
We had a nice french blue one on Martins recent drive down the peninsula.
It too looked beautiful, sorry the pic doesn't show the whole car. blame Gary or the photographer.
Present<br />2010 159 Wagon Red 2.4 JTDM<br />1969 GTV1750 White<br />Previous<br />1978 Alfasud Ti Yellow<br />1969 1750 Berlina White

SimonR

This car is a standout though and recently won the NSW AROCA Concourse to prove its exceptional standard.
I cant get over the cheekiness of Duttons buying it for $68k (recent listed AROCA NSW sales price) and then relisting it in Vic for $99k a few months later!!
1973 Alfa Spider - Red
1984 GTV 2.0 - White

CDH105

Well hopefully discussion about it on this forum will help to alert any would be purchaser.
Present<br />2010 159 Wagon Red 2.4 JTDM<br />1969 GTV1750 White<br />Previous<br />1978 Alfasud Ti Yellow<br />1969 1750 Berlina White

vin sharp

Quote from: pep105 on March 02, 2011, 09:56:55 AM
Thought it might be Duttons, they had a RHD 1600 GTA for sale back in 2007 for $160000.

Does look like the car that was advertised on the AROCA NSW website recently.

Nice coffee is a bonus nice incentive to check it out

Cheers
Pep

I guess it's the way it's done: put up a big number in the first place and see what happens.....
The UK buyer of that GTA contacted me about work done on the car, and in our discussions did advise of the price paid for it: a LOT different to 160k first listed.
I'm guessing the Giulietta Spider is also open to negotiation.
And NO Vanessa, I'm not even going to inquire, even if it does go with your latest pair of shoes!
Vin.

Neil Choi

Hey Vin,

Would really make a fantastic WEDDING CAR, you will be the best DAD and have a very happy daughter.

Neil

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi,
That is the ex-Barry Farr car and it is magnificent. It won the Concourse D'Elegance in Sydney last year and was just pipped by Gary Pearce's 105 at Motorclassica last October by 1 point. Barry used to drive it everywhere so it was not a garage queen and it is still superb.
I think these cars are really quite brilliant.
The steering is very responsive, light and the car is very nimble. It is quite small (petite by 105 standards) but balanced. Gearbox is typical 105 - smooth and precise. My engine is veloce spec so quite powerful and, given the weight, quite quick. I am amazed that they never came to Australia.
I like this car over all of my other cars because...it makes me smile! The Ferrari & Lambo are cars that make demands of you -Concentrate, engage and wrestle! The Spider is like a bouncy clown- fun, flighty and flippant. It makes me smile!

As Fi & Evan know I am happy to share the love!

Best Regards
Phil
62 Giulia Spider (the ex-Gavin Sanford Morgan car and only Australian delivered car - alledgedly. I make no definitive claims.  :))

vin sharp

Quote from: Neil Choi on March 02, 2011, 05:29:51 PM
Hey Vin,

Would really make a fantastic WEDDING CAR, you will be the best DAD and have a very happy daughter.

Neil

Good idea Neil, I reckon you could ask them if we can borrow it for the day. Let me know what time to pick it up please.
I'm surprised Barry Farr sold or is selling the car; in any case I have a good idea of the quality, extent and cost of the work done, and it is an absolutely superb example. In this case, I'm not suprised that the asking starts at a high level........worth going to look at, just to see!

Mark Baigent

Does anyone have the answer - it's no longer on Carpoint or Dutton's own site ?

Anthony Sharp

Sold. Allegedly. Vin did you do the right thing? now can I driver Vanessa to the wedding in this instead of the GTV6? since Brad stole Gary's Monty from under me!!