105 series 50th Anniversary Celebration Tour of Tasmania

Started by Mark Baigent, March 09, 2011, 07:02:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Baigent

Everything is now running at 100mph ...
It's confirmed for Easter 2012 and organisation is well underway ...
Committee formed...
Marketing underway ...
Website underway ...
State Grant applied for ...
Touring route options being considered...
Accommodation options being considered ...
Sponsorship being sought ...
Media confirmed .....
3 mth (Jan - March 2012) Alfa Romeo promotional display at National Automobile Museum of Tasmania confirmed ... quality display cars needed !!
First committee meeting being held over Longford Revival Festival Weekend April 1st - 3rd......
Any special requests ?????????
Come on - it's your event ... let us know what you'd like to do !!

John Hanslow

With a focus on the Giulia 105 Series, how about a 'special display' of a selection of cars representing this series.  Sort of a mini historical walk thru the development of the series.

Starting with Giulia Super, Giulia Spider, 105 Sprint GT 1300 1600 1750 etc .. up to GTV 2000, GTAs, Junior Zagatos and 4R Quatroporte then Spiders series 1 - 4.

That is about 18 cars all up and a display of the 'best' at say Lauceston Wharf would be a sight to behold.  Food's not bad there either.

Just an idea.  Could be anywhere nice.  Could be a good 105 Series event.

Cheers.

Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

Davidm1600

Hi John, I can't talk for Mark or ICE and/or especially perhaps some of the ideas they are working on, I do know the area you are talking of and indeed that could be a good site and most definitely some great food there. For sure the concept of having an across the range 105 display sounds excellent. 

One idea we had been working on was kind of similar, that being a display on the lawns in front of Parliament House and adjacent to the Salamanca Market.  Mind you the market is on the Saturday, so we will need to think whether this may or may not work with the overall tour timeframe. 

Please keep the ideas coming as we will try to incorporate all the best ones into making this a fun trip to Tassie.  Cheers David
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

David Mills

Victor Lee

Another idea that I've spoken to Davidm1750 about is the feasibility of a half day at the Baskerville circuit.  As CMI as interests in that circuit, we might be able to get some spirited laps but NOT serious competition for half a day for those who want to participate.

Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Davidm1600

Hi all, and it is important that Mark and I talk ASAP, for I was talking to our local CAMS rep, Herby Burgess, who is also a member of the MG club.  He mentioned that the MG club is also having a National Tour here in Tassie next year over Easter. 

He reckoned that they are expecting around 300 plus cars to be coming over from the mainland, which with local participation will swell that number considerably.  I wanted to let you guys know as soon as possible as this could have some serious implications re trip planning re, the Spirt of Tas, accomodation, let alone for other events.  For instance apparently they too are looking at having a track day at Baskerville over that weekend. 

In view of this, I believe it will be critically important that some of the above identified issues are attended to ASAP, otherwise things could become difficult.  Cheers David
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina