Need help with TS fuel pressure regulators location

Started by MD, March 18, 2011, 12:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

Could someone please supply me with a photo location of the fuel pressure regulator and the fuel pressure dampner mounting  on the twin spark engine as they are located originally in the car?

Many thanks.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

bix

Could you tell me where to point the camera and I'll do my best to get you a photo ?

MD

Ha haa. This is a case of the blind leading the blind?  :)

Here's my problem.

I have a TS engine which I acquired for a project together with some parts. Never seen it in the engine bay so I dont know where these items are normally fitted if they are to be used as originally fitted to their special bracket.

The manual I have only shows a schematic so I know the configuration but dont know the physical location.

Basically they are two small canisters fitted to a combined bracket and they should have fuel lines going in and out of them. One of the cans has just two connections and is the fuel pressure dampner and it should be directly connected to the fuel line from the pump. The other end of it should be connected to the fuel rail inflow side.

The second one has three connectors and is the pressure regulator and this should be connected to the fuel rail on the outflow side, fuel return line and a small tube to the intake manifold as a return.

Appreciate the assistance bix.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

MD

Aha. Now the penny has dropped. I never got intake runners with the engine so no wonder I had no idea where they were originally fitted. Never actually had a sticky beak under other peoples TS bonnets!

That's given me enough of an idea how I could arrange my own set up which I need to do owing to the TB's I am using.

Thanks a lot Paul. You're a champ amongst the gum trees.. ;)

Minor disappointment,...er. no mouse ?  ;D (inside joke folks)

BTW these photos don't open in my Mozilla browser but work ok in IE. Must be something up with my set up of Mozilla me thinks so you are not alone with IT hassles

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

Storm_X

today i was going to say that i thought it was under the plenum but i wasnt sure.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

MD

All done. Thanks for your interest.
For anyone doing a similar project conversion to throttle bodies,my eventual solution may give some inspiration of how you could do it yourself.

Here's the conversion. I used the original bracket material and cut it up and welded new mounts out of it. Simple little job in the end. Much easier service point too.

The dampner is installed where the brake booster normally lives and the regulator is self evident.

Cheers.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

MD

Quote.....it will look even better on the track, preferably behind me one day as we grab fourth gear at 6700rpm down the straight at Winton....

Paul Edwards you have more front than Paris Hilton. ;D ;D

You forgot to ad the words, I wish. ;D

Yeah, would love to come to Winton one day not only for the track which sounds great but to meet the guys as well and put some faces to the names.

Thanks again for pulling the engine parts off for the photos. Appreciated.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0