Arese Museo

Started by Doug Gould, March 22, 2011, 12:29:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davidm1600

Doug I am not sure if it is just me, but the link doesn't appear to work, so I wonder what it reports.

I am sure I only just recently read on the BB that the museum was closing for some rennovations, and that the Italian Ministry of Culture would not permit the museum to be either permantly closed, nor the collection sold off due to its cultural signficance to the country.  So does anyone have any more up to date info re this ?
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

ItalCarGuy

Here is the google translated version

A mystery called Alfa Romeo
The museum in Arese was abandoned

12/03/11
The museum Alfa Romeo

Torino while inaugurating the National Automobile Museum, the Alfa Romeo Museum in Arese is closed. On the one hand there is the President of the Republic to cut the ribbon, the other a structure that has a valuable collection, but an uncertain future. The Historical Museum has an exhibition area of ​​4,800 square meters on many levels and houses 130 cars, more than half working. So many are in a caveux underground. The museum was opened in 1976, in a purpose built to house the historical models of Alfa. He is currently closed for renovation. At least that's the official explanation but something is wrong. There are no workers around. There is no project. We tried to understand what is happening.

Ministry of Culture
Last year, recurring items on the uncertain fate of the Alfa Museum in Arese have alerted the City Council, which decided to seek the protection of the Ministry of Culture. The Ministry has initiated the practice and 31 January this year has placed constraints on the collection, but also on property. This means that Fiat holds property rights but must seek the approval of the Ministry to do work to move or sell the collection.

Fiat
Constraint against the Fiat could appeal to the TAR, has 60 days time, or until the end of March. In the second instance can ask the opinion of the State Council. It does not appear to have been advanced at the time the appeal.

Closed for renovation
The only note of Fiat ownership, resulting in the protection of the Ministry, the museum was closed. From February 7, or only a week after the bond, the doors are closed. The official explanation is 'maintenance'. A month after the closure does not appear that there is work in progress. Nor would be granted since the Fiat would have to apply to the Ministry, without whose approval no freedom of action.

Doubts
That the structure is closed in a rush of fans is demonstrated by the blog, especially foreigners, who are on the network know that you have already agreed to cancel visits. The question is: what interests are at stake? The collection has a total value that hovers between 50 and 60 million €. In 2010 the Museum has removed 24,000 tickets, only to June 8000 for the centenary Alfa. A surprising figure considering that there is an appropriate campaign to publicize it and the property is 18 kilometers from Milan, ie outside the tourist track. Every year the cars are shipped all over the world to participate in events, past 12 months were 60 events, including Europe, Australia and the United States. The museum is supported by the workshop and the Documentation Centre with a wealth of 80,000 between projects, documents and images.

And the future?
What are the real intentions of the closure is not clear but the fact that it coincided with the constraint makes the transaction suspicious. There may be half of the many offers that come from the United States to purchase the most valuable pieces like the 159 with which Fangio won the World 1951, which can be worth up to 20 million. There are rumors that say that Fiat was going to capitalize on selling some copies to reinvest in the renovation of the museum. That the entry into operation of the Ministry makes the scene no longer possible. So why hold on as his ministry is willing to finance part of the restructuring? It remains to understand what he wants Fiat to make this a heritage that seems to not interest them but which remains an asset of national history. It seems entirely excluded from the celebrations for the 150th anniversary of the unification of Italy.

ANNA CAPELLA

Paul Gulliver

I hope those lying little bastards at Fiat are brought to account.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Davidm1600

Gully while I too would share such a sentiment, I guess my concern is that there seems to be many conflicting stories going on here, so I do wonder what actually is the truth to all of this, and perhaps that is one of the problems in relying on many hand (not just 2nd or 3rd hand) reporting of this.

I also seem to recall Alfa Australia's head honcho only recently having been reported as saying there was no way that Alfa would allow either the permanent closure of the museum or the selling off of cars.  So do you see why I say there seems to be a lot of confusion here.

What all Alfisti need to be re-assured of is the truth as to the future of the Museum.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina