WANTED Alfa 166 Service Manual

Started by fognozzle, April 08, 2011, 03:05:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fognozzle

I've had the 166 for over a year now and I love it, but now is the time to start looking after things myself.

Does anyone have a service manual they are prepared to sell?

Hopefully it would be in English, but I am studying Italian so that would be an option.

Thanks

fognozzle

michaeljc

I got a CD manual off ebay for my 156 but it very awkward to follow through and therefore only slightly helpful .... and possibly a bit risky. I found a manual in UK (4 folders) for about $150 but postage quote was about $130. If a few people are interested in getting a few manuals together then postage per unit would probably drop considerably. The website is ebspares.co.uk         
2001 Subaru WRX
1999 Subaru WRX STI
1984 Alfetta GTV

colcol

A workshop manual for 156 are quite easy to get off ebay and a lot of things off 156's are interchangeable with 166, however if you could get a 166 manual, that would be even better, if you want a quick rundown on a repair, you just put it in your computer and just read it off the screen, what i have done with mine is installed a Gadwin screen print program, so when its on the screen i can press "PrtScr' and it sends the page to the printer so i can have a hardcopy of the repair procedure, and keep it in a folder for future reference, i looked at getting a traditional workshop manual from England and it was going to be $250-$300 landed in Australia, rather expensive if you are used to $30 manuals from Repco, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

fognozzle

I tried the ISO image recommended but it crashed in Windows Xp with a message that it was a 16 bit application.