wtb 17" rims telephone dials

Started by Romeo156, April 12, 2011, 07:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Romeo156

wanted to replace my 16" rims for 17" telephone dials pls email me if you have a nice set on PRPdesigns2000@yahoo.com.au

bix

If the GTA telephone dials suit, then EBSpares in the UK have geniune Alfa ones for under AUD$1000.00 delivered.

bteoh

I think Mille Miglia Motors have them for sale at $2700 . Always on ebay but not sold probably because it's quite pricey

L4OMEO

I bought a set of the 17" GTA rims from EB recently - under a grand, here in less than 4 days (although Customs cleared one then held the other three for an extra week, reasons still not clear  ??? ), well packed, job done. I have seen second-hand GTA sets with used tyres sell locally for $1500+, go the EB route and you can have brand new rims & tyres for around the same.
2002 156 GTA

bix

I concur. The delivery was super quick and nicely packaged from EB.

Craig_m67

Dang, the EB spares price is good.
I've a set on my 156 i was going to refurbish (gutter rash)
.... Anybody want to buy mine and i'll get in some new ones  ;D

'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

bteoh

Just saw EB Spares website and it says 540 sterling pounds plus shipping and VAT. What do they normally charge for shipping? That would mean any items less than AUD $1000 should not atrract any customs duty?
Certainly very attractive pricing but are they replicas or genuine Alfa wheels?

L4OMEO

Shipping was around GBP140 and there's no VAT. All up. around AUD950 for mine so no duties payable.

I placed the order expecting them to be replicas (albeit good ones, on the strength of EB's reputation) but during the ordering process I made reference to this and they corrected me, saying the were originals. Once they arrived I weighed and confirmed they are the same weight as originals, and they also have the correct offset (most replicas are not the same as factory). I'm fairly sure they are the real deal, but even if someone claims/proves otherwise I really don't care. I'm happy.
2002 156 GTA

Craig_m67

I was quoted £120./ including all insurance etc to Brisbane by them last night

Who wants my old ones ? ;D
'66 Duetto (lacework of doom)
'73 1600 GT Junior (ensconced)
'03 156 1.9JTD Sportwagon (daily driver)

Josh

Craig_m67>
How does your old one look like? teledial or multi-spoke?
I might be interested!

L4OMEO

Yeah maybe it was only GBP120, can't remember. We should have organised a group buy, got them to send us a pallet of the bloody things  ;D
2002 156 GTA

LaStregaNera

Quote from: L4OMEO on April 13, 2011, 10:17:12 PMOnce they arrived I weighed and confirmed they are the same weight as originals, and they also have the correct offset
Out of curiosity, what is the weight/offset?
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

bteoh

Just confirmed with EB and the rims are replicas but they are identical but without the original stamping on the inside. Apparently not able to tell from the outside when looking. The original alfa ones can be sourced but more expensive. I think the replicas will be fine :)

L4OMEO

How odd, mine have the original stampings. Maybe they're replica original stampings  ;)

Weight ... can't remember exactly. Think it was in the vicinity of 12kg? Offset is 35, most replicas are 37 and some 39.

2002 156 GTA

bteoh

L4ROMEO, I think you might have been lucky to score the originals for that price :)

Hopefully mine will arrive soon :)