headliner install 105/1750

Started by sportscar, August 08, 2011, 08:01:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sportscar

Ok today i finally installed my headlining .i purchased the pinhole vinyl and had the bow stitched by an alteration place.
material was $30.00 stitching cost $15 glue $15 and foam 10mm.i spent 2 hours installing it.
Its not a job for the impatient.
I layed the material on some foam so it wouldnt get dirty then traced the halo 3 inches inside it then cut with a pair of scissors
be careful as cutting too much may ruin the whole job.You then need to make sure the vinyl will fold around the halo before intalling it in the car.it really is a 2 man job as it can be frustrating working inside the car.
I glued 10mm foam inside the headlining then i put 2 screws to hold up the halo steal suround and started working the vinyl around and then installing screws as i go .dont rush as you will botch it up.Once the halo is done feed the metal bar through the bow and then put in both holes.The bar i had stitched 500mm from the windscreen then measured 280mm to the halo and then cut the halo.
The bow should be stitched 15mm gap for the bar insert.Once the bar is installed cut the rest to fit to the windscreen and above windows.
I had 2 quotes and they were $650.00 installed but i thought id give it a go myself.
IF your not confident i could help if you live in melbourne.

Evan Bottcher

Well done!  Got any photos of your handiwork?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

McAnnik

Hi, When you say you purchased the pinhole vynil,do you mean the 'snakebite' pattern or the 'diamond' pattern. and can you tell us the company who stocks this material.my local trimmers can only supply the solid dotted variety. no perforations. Thanks......Cheers