AHM 33

Started by hammer, May 16, 2011, 09:08:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

I'm sure if I search hard enough I'd find previous posts on here about this incredible 33, but thought I'd post this link anyway, as I've watched it about 6 times in the past 24 hours. What an amazing little 16v boxer!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xScDiOmXlMA&feature=player_embedded#at=388

Cheers,

Brent

Paul Gulliver

For God's sake don't let Frank Musco see this
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

Frank Musco

Too Late...my 16V will eventually go into the green car. If it's half as good as that 33, I'll be very happy.

Ray Pignataro

Frank if its half as good as that I will be very sad but you will be very fast.

Andrew Bose

Try having a look at AHM Motorsport in the UK, the 33 part section will make you drool! Adie Hawkins is a legend in boxers in the UK and sells the bits to make a seriously fast 16v, he also drives like Frank which helps. The only problem is the cost.

http://www.ahmotorsports.co.uk/index2.htm

hammer

Yeah, I did notice the excessive pricing, but man they know how to make those boxer engines howl. 270hp from a 2 litre version of the boxer. That's 50hp more than the best 2l Nord engines. That's an impressive little donk. Not to mention of course the gear boxes, diffs, suspension, brakes, carbon panels etc that goes into making something as lightning fast as Adie's 33. Bloody good to look at.

Miss Alfa Sprint

Quote from: Frank Musco on May 16, 2011, 09:56:18 PM
Too Late...my 16V will eventually go into the green car. If it's half as good as that 33, I'll be very happy.

16v in your Sprint????  :o
1979 Alfasud Sprint Veloce 1.5L (Blue)
1989 Alfa 33 1.7 IE (Red)

To see my amazing photography visit http://www.marisagangemi.com/

Frank Musco

Brent, Great to see the Joolie leading the pack at Queensland raceway last month. While looking at the AHM 33 did you have a look at the Tim Lewis 2.0L supercharged Sud, also very fast and exciting to watch. So...when are you going to 'UPGRADE' to one of those AHM 33's...hope Jim doesn't read this!  :D

Marisa, It's the only way to go, and you get power steering with that!, also the sound, OMG!  :P

hammer

Frank,

I didn't look at the supercharged sud. Will take a peek tonight.

Joolie is just start to hit her straps again after a few repairs and I might just be getting the hang of driving it. There's a lot more pace to be found in the car/driver combination. I'll definitely stick with the red beast for the next few years, but you can't  stop a man dreaming of more horsepower!

If you guys run an Alfa Island I'll come down for that next year, if not I might have to make the big drive to Winton for one of your events. Apparently the Joolie can negotiate its way around Winton on autopilot!

Cheers,

Brent

Frank Musco

Brent, only kidding around about upgrading. I can't see a 33/sud getting the better of the Joolie.

Cheers

aussiehcviva

i run my sprint with a 16v engine. the engine has never been opened and the only external mod to it (currently) are an after market ecu. it's a great combo with reasonable power to weight, but those UK guys getting 260hp out of an n/a 16v (with either 1.8 or 2l conversions kits) are just insane. they are purpose-built race engines, however, so the lifespan is measured in hours and rebuilds are an a significant cost. massively expensive and unfortunately we don't seem to have anything equivalent locally that can be had. because of this i'm going the supercharged route with the car about to be put in for the work. to get my racing fix in the interim i'm having to race my 1962 vauxhall vx4/90. really not the same.

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: Frank Musco on May 19, 2011, 08:16:05 PM
I can't see a 33/sud getting the better of the Joolie.

I can see Adie Hawkins' 33 getting the better of every NA 4cyl Alfa in this club.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

jimnielsen

'95 Alfa Romeo 155 Q4
'90 Alfa Romeo 33 1.7 IE - my god! I can compete in Trofeo class!! -

hammer

And so it should. Judging by the prices on the parts list, that 33 would cost well over 100,000 quid to build.

Cheers,

Brent