old top gear coupes

Started by paul edwards, June 05, 2011, 11:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul edwards

The later model GTV6 gets a good rap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUGUyHEODjU&feature=related

If you want to skip forward to the Alfa go to about the 6.20min mark, over all it's a funny video, what top gear used to be like, that is if we ever get to watch it again. ???

l don't know about everyone else, but l personally can't follow the fragmented time table for Topgear at the moment. Sometimes it's on and other times it's not on for a three weeks, totally stuffing up the routine, and when it does come on it's some repeat from only six months ago. ??? ??? ???

l like many other fans would make sure nothing was happening at 7.30pm on EVERY MONDAY NIGHT, it was amazing how quickly l could get things done around 6.30pm on Monday nights;) ;) ;)  just so we could sit down and enjoy the show with no interruptions.

Cheers Paul 

Anthony Miller

Hey Pauly, I've taken to watching Fifth Gear on the Channel 5 website, better than Toss Gear but for different reasons. TG is still as funny as f#$@ but for real drivers and more real life comparisons and VBH (Vicky Butler Henderson) who is much better to look at than the Hamster it's got to be 5th gear  :D

Unfortunately repeats from the last ten years of motoring shows is all you get with freeview, 7 is just as bad as 9 with endless repeats of Monster garage, American Hotrod and 5th Gear every Saturday, at least 9 were, and I repeat WERE putting cars on at primetime but alas no more, bannished to Channel GO.
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)

colcol

And we always knew that channel nine would stuff it up, but not this soon, i love the way cut things up like one episode earlier in the year they were talking about formula 1 driver Robert Kubitza's Rally accident, and then you think, great its a new episode, then after 5 minutes they are talking about the 'new' 2005 Ford Focus or something, then you set your digital recorder to record Top Gear, and its says Top Gear on the screen, then channel nine put something terrible with Eddie Everywhere in its place, and then it starts 10 minutes late and runs overtime and you miss the end, put it back on SBS who had the 'Guts' to put it on in the first place, when all the other stations said it wouldn't work in Australia, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Paul Gulliver

I have given up on all that repeat rubbish . You're better off watching "In Pit Lane" on Channel 31. At least it is topical, local and up to date. Even old Alfa's  get a mention every now a then. Better that watching half wits like Clarkson  ( the new Tiger Woods sex fiend i read !! ) & Hammond chop up old alfa's and spray paint them and think it's funny.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

stuka

I dont bother with watching TG on the TV anymore, as said it too fragmented and too many ads. I download the episodes on the www and watch them at my leasure. You can download all the series here:

http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/

Believe it or not TG USA aint bad either
Alfasud Sprint, GTV 3.2 V6

Storm_X

This was listed in the nissan fourm and the silvia guys went happy that the alfa won.
"Alfa Romeo built to excite.. Some dream of driving the ideal.. I drive it"

colcol

And then the other night, Top Gear actually started on time for the first time, but when it started it was HALFWAY through an episode, and it was near the end when they have to each go out and buy a car, and they were tallying up the results, have no problem with Top Gear or the hosts, its bloody channel nine treating us like mugs again, but it finishes half an hour early which enabled me to watch something appalling like Australia's funniest home injuries or something, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]