Alfa race series

Started by Genghis, June 11, 2011, 07:51:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Genghis

Hi folks,

Can someone tell me a little bit about the Alfa races that were on at EC as part of the 2011 Sports Car Carnival recently.  Is it part of a series or was it a once off event.

Also what are the eligibility requirements / classes etc as I noticed quite a few different classes coming together.

Any info would be great.

Cheers

Genghis

alfagtv58

VRA - Veloce Racing Association.  Mantra is, All Alfa All Racing.

Good bunch of blokes, good racing, equally good dinner and drinks after the racing is done.  There is a Yahoo group, look it up and sign up onto the mailing list.

Eligibility is as per attached, I cant find it.  You can download it from the Yahoo site :)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

alfa duk

Ghengis, all alfa racing is open to any cams log booked alfa except sports sedans.  The series is based around group s and n historic vehicle rules with other categories getting restrictions to bring parity. I run a gtv6 that has a marque sports log book and they impose a 6 inch maximum wheel width and all cars run the semi slick tyre. At the moment this seems to be enough to keep the racing close and i think your car has run with us once or twice with some success. Would be good to have a modern alfa with us and yes check out the vra  in yahoo groups. Doug
85 gtv6 dead, cant let go
84 gtv6 24 valve VRA spec
84 gtv6 andalusia
80 gtv group s

Genghis

Thanks guys I will look it up.

Cheers

Genghis