Wanted: GTV V6 3L Front hubs and Brembo brakes

Started by Steve S, June 20, 2011, 05:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve S

dehne

how much are you willing to spend? there is some on ebay at the moment but there is also a few on here as well, i have hubs and calipers from a 90 which are brembo but chuck an offer through or put a rough price ur willing to pay on might attract a few others to
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

ANG156

166 may be similiar. I think they have a 305mm x28mm rotor and four piston caliper.

dehne

i have found some calipers on ebay 4 pots they are new looking at about 4-500 bucks i think have sent a message asking on price, might buy some for myself, will let you know the price, i have the rotors anyway full rotors and adaptors
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Steve S

Yes Im after the late GTV 305mm brakes with 4 pot Brembo's. They are a direct bolt on for my Fiat if I get the hubs as well. I would have thought they would not be too difficult to find.

166 brakes are different. They use 310mm rotors. I could use the calipers with 305mm rotors and adapter brackets but bolt on is easier.

Barryco

I am wrecking a 2001 GTV V6 with Brembo brakes.

These are available if you want them.

Please contact me direct if you want to discuss (I'm in Sydney)

Barry
Barry
2003 GTV V6 Black/Tan

Steve S

Hi Eveyone.

Barry's hubs are not suitable so I'm still looking. I need pre 2001 parts. Cheers

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Steve S on June 25, 2011, 12:00:21 PM
Hi Eveyone.

Barry's hubs are not suitable so I'm still looking.

Why, exactly? 

You know, the sort of information that might be helpful to people digging around in their parts bin trying to help you find what you want...

Steve S

Because there are 2 different hubs for these cars. Early and late. The change over is around 2000. Barry has the late ones and I need the early ones. Thanks

Jekyll and Hyde

Quote from: Steve S on June 28, 2011, 04:55:57 PM
Because there are 2 different hubs for these cars. Early and late. The change over is around 2000. Barry has the late ones and I need the early ones. Thanks

Yes, very helpful.  That added absolutely NO fresh information to your previous post.  Care to specify the exact difference, for those of us who haven't got both sitting in front of us?  You know, perhaps some MEASUREMENTS, or a DISTINGUISHING FEATURE that they can be identified by?  You started off asking for LATE GTV6 hubs, and now you want early ones  ??? Suggests you actually have no idea what they come off, so how about telling us exactly what the part looks like.  Maybe you're still looking for the wrong thing, and we can tell you what you actually need.

And come to think of it, given your intended use, would you like to confirm that you are after just the hub, and NOT also the upright that carries it along with the wheel bearing.
The more information you give, the less time you'll have to waste on people offering you the 'wrong' parts.

Steve S

Calm down man

The reference to "late" GTV was only for a 932 series car. I'm not really up with the play on all the Alfa chassis numbers.
And I didn't know there were 2 different hub designs at that time. Yes that's the complete hub carrier by the way, not just the inner hub. I have referred to these designs as early and late where the changeover is around 2000. Apparently the difference is due to the addition of electronic brake force distribution.

As Barry's car is a 2001 it has incompatible hubs with my Fiat. The ABS sensor location and CV is different. The ABS ring is internal and not visible when the CV is fitted. The one I need has the ABS ring on the large end of the CV, is external and visible.

I can get the callipers and hoses etc off Barry so the only piece of the puzzle I need is a pair of the early type hub carriers. I don't actually need the wheel bearing or inner hub, I'll been using the Fiat items.