wtb sud ti parts

Started by ausx19V6, July 09, 2011, 09:36:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ausx19V6

Hi guys. I have an 82 sud 1.5 4 door and I am wanting to upgrade a few things, so I am searching for the following parts from a sud QV Ti that someone may be wrecking.

* twin carb set up (carbs, manifolds, linkages, airbox)  *CARBS NOW FOUND THANKS TO AROCA   MEMBER

STILL LOOKING FOR FOLLOWING ITEMS
* Ti twin headlights
*Ti front spoiler, wheel arch plastics, side skirts, rear arch plastics)
*Ti auxilary gauges
Pls pm me if you have what I am after or if you know of someone wrecking one.
My phone number is 0458 154149.
Cheers,
Chris

ANG156

I have the twin carb setup from an alfa romeo 33, pm if interested.

ausx19V6

excellent. is it a complete set up ready to bolt on?  and how much were you asking?

ANG156

Southern75

Can't bolt twin carbs on single carb heads unless you use alquardi manifold.
Rust, nah that's not rust .... its iron oxide!!!

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)
2008 147 JDTM (sensible?)

Southern75

I might be able to help with some of those bits ... but I'm in Sydney

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)

ausx19V6

mmm, ok. I was not aware of that. So do you have that manifold? and what other bits do you have?
its ok that you are in Sydney. I am in newcastle, just up the road.

Southern75

Ummm,

short answer is that they are a rare as Hens teeth ... i have seen one but very very unlikely.

The option would be to buy a twin carb engine, buy twin carb heads complete with manifolds, or ... hope for divine intervention.

I do know a guy who has one ... but very unlikely you'd every get it out of him.

Alfas:
1977 Alfasud ti (race)
1980 Alfasud ti (race)
1987 75 V6 (toy)

Evan Bottcher

Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

ausx19V6

Thanks for the reply.
I am convinced now that a straight engine swap with a twin carb version would be the easiest solution, although I am somewhat hessitant as the engine I have now runs as sweet as. I had a sprint cloverleaf Ti some years ago with the twin carb engine and I just loved the sound of the IDF's. How about a swap with a 1.7 quad cam engine from a 33...would that be a straightforward replacement, or would that present more problems than its worth?
By the way,, thanks also to Evan for that link. lots of good sud bits there.
Cheers,
Chris

Sportscar Nut

Chris

I would agree that a complete engine swap is your easiest solution but might be a challenge finding a good secondhand 1.5 twin carb 105 Hp (or 1.7). Make sure you get the carbie linkages/ distributor/ coil etc if getting a whole motor (would recommend the Bosch systems on later 1.5 & 1.7 33's).

Not sure about the quad cam engine - Evan or another Sud expert might be able to assist! I stand to be corrected but thought the 16 valve 1.7 engine will not be a straightforward swap in a Sud/ Sprint as the wider heads on the 16 V don't fit between the Sud/ Sprint front chassis rails and engine moves around under power (???).

I fitted an 8 valve 1.7 twin carb engine over 16 years ago to my Sud and have loved it every day since (simply bolted straight in). FYI, getting hard to obtain factory 1.7 oversize pistons now but 1.5's are easily available if your thinking of a potential engine rebuild.

All the best.
Paul

Evan Bottcher

The best way to find a decent twin carb engine will probably be to buy a whole 33.  The engine will be the least worn out part of the car.  Sheldon has a 105hp GCL 33 which runs like a train after some ridiculous number of km.

I'm pretty sure Paul is not correct in this case - there's plenty of examples of 16v 33 engines transplanted into Suds and Sprints without any surgery to the chassis rails.  (Here's an example: http://alfasud.alfisti.net/asus48e.html).  I bloody hope it's true, as that's my plan...

I'm led to believe that even the transplant of the EFI is not difficult - it's really just power and tacho wiring, and the need for a EFI pressure fuel pump.  That's not part of my plan though (eventually) it'll be on carbs.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

ausx19V6

thanks guys, some great info here. The little sud is such a joy to drive and I am very keen to restore her to her former glory. Fortunately she has not been infected with too much rust and the interior is quite tidy. I was raised surrounded by Italian cars. My late father had many fiats and alfas over the years, the greatest in my opinion was a wonderful 105 gtv 2ltr, navy blue with beige interior and wire spoke wheels. Unfortunately he sold that years ago, but the alfa bug has been passed on.
Cheers.