addiction continues

Started by EZEE, July 13, 2011, 11:17:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZEE

Hi All,

Picked up 2 new additions to the collection yesterday - a '75 Spider (good, great even, condition) and a '67 Duetto 1600 model (poor body and paint but complete). Both Australian delivered examples with documented histories. Both are road registered. Haven't looked through all of the paperwork yet, the PO gave me a bundle of history, 20 years worth on the '75 but not sure with the Duetto. The '75 is fine as is and will need only maintenance as required.

The Duetto on the other hand will make my discussions about value on the 2600 thread even more interesting - it will need a complete body rework and plenty of bits sourced and replaced so we will see where we end up value wise. As I have said before I am not a "tinkerer" so.......I am formulating a plan of how to attack on how to do this restoration. I am keen to find out more info about locally delivered Duettos. The AlfaBB has some great info on it from what I can see so will need to find time to go read through it but I am keen to see how locally delivered cars differed.

I will take better photos as soon as I can but am really busy for the next week or so with work.

Regards

Emmanuel

ItalCarGuy

Lucky guy! I would love a duetto, but sadly they don't pop up often and due to their rarity on our market they are quite expensive. I can't say I saw either of your two advertised. Did you find them through club members? Since your addiction seems out of control, have you driven a Super lately? ;D

EZEE

Hi Derek,

Thanks. No I didn't see them advertised anywhere either! "There is always a story" as my wife says............. A good friend of mine and NSW Aroca committee member found a small ad in a local paper out in western Sydney under Vintage cars for sale about 4 days ago, no more than two lines long. He knew I had said I wanted a Duetto, contacted the guy who said you have to take both and next thing you know the deal is done.....it was quick. So it wasn't planned per se'. I now have to trawl through this paperwork he gave me.

I would LOVE to drive (and own) a Super and came soooo close in the last few weeks - it seems the gods conspired this time but am on the look out just the same, you never know

Emmanuel