Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

GTV-074

Wow!....

But don't tell me it came from the factory with that 'plum' coloured carpet?

Good for anyone doing a resto of an early Alfetta GTV...have a look at the finish of different things under the bonnet.

Cheers,

Paul.
Speed costs money - how fast do you want to go?

Victor Lee

I remember those plush seats from my 2lt Alfetta GTV.  Not sure about the plum carpet though.   Nah, too good to be a Group S car! 

Also notice the speedo is next to the other gauges in the centre so the tacho is on it's own binnacle directly in front of the driver, being considered as more important than the speedo!  Apparently ADR's at the time made AR swap them around to be able to import the cars into Aust.
Current Alfas:  Alfa 159 3.2lt Q4; Alfetta GTV6; ES30 SZ (all V6s!);  2015 4C LE.
Past Alfas:      '02 156 2.0lt JTS; '84 Alfetta GTV6; '82 Alfetta GTV 2.0; '85 Alfa 33 1.5 GCL single carb

Alan Hopla

Victor,

You are right about the ADR's.
Even though an Old mini (and other older cars) had a central speedo, and the New mini (and some others, Toyota Echo maybe) now have central speedos. We went through a period when these were banned.
You can get a right-hand drive loom and dash layout with the tacho in front of the driver though, as this is how UK delivered cars were configured.
Alan Hopla
77' 116GTV
83' 116GTV TwinSpark
04' GT 3.2 V6, Stromboli Grey

Paul Gulliver

Aren't the front ride heights un believably high . Looks like they haven't put the engine in.
Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8
1981 Piper Yellow Alfetta GTV 2000
1985 Red Alfetta GTV2.0
1989 White Alfa 164
2000 156

MD

Typifies Italian attitude to rear traffic. Only needs one wing mirror.. :)

Beautiful. Love the instrument cluster logic.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

njh1964

Quote from: MD on June 20, 2011, 10:02:41 AM
Typifies Italian attitude to rear traffic. Only needs one wing mirror.. :)

As my Italian mechanic always says in relation to mirrors "what's behind you... she no matter"

Now:
1968 Alfa Romeo GT 1300 Junior - Complete Restoration Project
2002 Alfa Romeo 147 Twin Spark - Track Day Car
Previously:
1974 Alfasud TI - First Car

Darryl

The stupid AU "speedo in front of driver" rules were hopeless with these cars. I had the navigator calling shifts  ::) Was it really an ADR issue or was it just to hard a sell to oz market used to one big dial in front of the driver - the speedo and too hard to sell anything so exotic as putting a tacho there instead?

Cool Jesus

Quote from: Darryl on June 21, 2011, 09:09:34 PM
Was it really an ADR issue or was it just to hard a sell to oz market

Looks like it was an ADR, see attached...
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

Darryl

I see Mr Jesus doesn't take things on faith - fantastic research effort!

I love the fact you had to figure out the 95th percentile positions of eyeballs to determine where the speedo and the ultra important indicator 
repeater lamp location limits. Seeing if your engine was melting (hot) or seized (oil pressure) is of course far less important.

116gtv

Hmm. that is a factory coloured carpet indeed. Our neighbours GTV had that in 81 when he took delivery of it... Besides, have you noticed the colour of your carpet when you remove the centre console.. im sure ive come across a purplish looking patch before- the rest of it is mostly faded into a brown to beige mix of colour.
200 odd kms and its already missing the wiper arm bolt covers.. :o

MD

Quote200 odd kms and its already missing the wiper arm bolt covers..

..first stage of any Alfa character building. Part of Italian DNA. What's not important doesn't have to work or be there. Lexus purists would be chucking  a darkie for such outrageous quality control..

But from what I know of REAL Alfa enthusiats, they take over where the factory left off and fix the car like the designers have always intended and I don't know of any other brand that has that much loyalty.

I should also ad that those of us in that "club" have questionable sanity.....
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse.

Current Fleet
Alfetta GTV6 3.0
Alfetta GTV Twin Spark supercharged racer
75 1.8L supercharged racer

Past Fleet
Alfa GT 3.2V6
Alfetta GTV 2.0
Giulia Super 2.0
Berlina 2.0

LaStregaNera

I had a set of italian market gauges in my old car - was just a case of getting the speedo cable shortened - everything else plugged straight in from memory - I may have had to relocate the tacho signal wire, i'm not 100% on that. Miss that car. Pitty it got written off by it's new owner.
66 GT Veloce
Bimota SB6

Cool Jesus

Darryl, I just happened to have Oz ADRs on file when I read this post.
I've got an Alfetta on the project board and needed to see what it had to comply with as I'm tossing up whether or not to modernize some of the hardware so to speak. Took some searching and then deciphering as to which ADRs where applicable. No doubt there would have been some political incentive to try and keep out certain marques from the Australian market. Thankfully for us, Alfa Romeo bean counters found it viable to move the instruments around to continue importing to Oz.
Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS