QR Sprint Circuit Personal Bests

Started by hammer, August 07, 2011, 08:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer

Well we're getting down to the business end of the Alfa Comp season and it's a nice tight tussle at the top in the overall, race and sprint categories.

The next round of the sprint series for Alfa Comp is Saturday, August 27 on Queensland Raceway's Sprint Circuit. Now for many years the Sprint layout of QR was the yardstick track for measuring your performance against other drivers in the AROCA Qld competition. The tight little 1.89km layout is the most technical of the formats at QR, providing a good combination of fast sweepers and tight right/left changes of direction in the cross-overs. Over the past couple of years out opportunities to sprint as a group on this track have been limited, so I thought I'd post a few club member PBs to whet your appetites and extend an open invitation to you all to come along and join in the fun as we push ourselves to better the our personal benchmarks on August 27.

Outright club record - Andrew Wilson in the Alfetta GTV: 59.13 seconds
Andrew Wilson in his 105: 62.27
Bob Whitehouse in the stealth bomber sprint: 60.89
Bernard Mengelsdorf in the 3.0l 75: 61.72 (21 years of age in his daily driver - albeit a Beninca-built 24v monster!)
Ken Percival in the 105 - 62.13
Yours truly in the Giulietta - 62.46
Yours truly in the 75 - 66.23
Chris Hampstead in my 75 - 64.89
Paul Young in his 1750 - 65.46
Manuel Pena in his 1750 - 63.86
Robert Kilsby in the 147 GTA - 60.99

So there you have a random selection of PBs. Here's a link to the online entry form. https://secure.nsane.net.au/qr/entry_form_street_sprint.php

Hope to see you there. Cheers, Brent