The Head Stud Development Co.

Started by ItalCarGuy, July 29, 2011, 01:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ItalCarGuy

I just saw a reference to these guys in another thread and was wondering if these guys have been around Alfas for a while?
The reason I am asking is because a few years back I bought a 1600 head off a guy that was selling off the bits from his broken dream project, sad I know but I have got some good bits this way! Such as a gearbox that was fully rebuilt and yet to be used done by Beninca.

The receipt for this head shows that is was fully reconditioned by The Head Stud Development Co. with a street port, matched intake manifold and new bits. This head was done quite a long time ago (like in the 90's) and sits in bubblewrap on my shelf. I was planning on just putting in some 10548 cams and seeing how it went but it would be peace of mind knowing that others have had good experiences with them. Anyone?

Barry Edmunds

Derek
I have 10548 cams in my 2 Litre (in the Super) and it all goes quite well although it does feel a little strangled under hard acceleration but that could also be the gear ratios and or the 4.1 diff.
I am tempted to get a bit of work done on the head to improve the breathing and to make better use of the 10548 cams.
The 10548 cams are good, to a point, but there seems to be a bit of a myth that these cams will do wonders for a standard motor.
My configuration is a pretty good all round package that cruises well on the highway and is not a pig in town.
Barry

ItalCarGuy

Hi Barry, yeah I am not out for anything lumpy and temperamental , I'll save that for my coupe ;)! I do have a pair of 10548 cams sitting around so think they will be better than the real early sprint GT cams that are my only other option on my shelves and the lobes on them look rather boring. My super will return to being my daily commute so I have to be sensible.