Dint and scratch repairs

Started by colcol, August 03, 2011, 08:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colcol

Hello Alfa Romeo driving Victorians, i had an enquiry from a 147 owner about getting some small dints and scratches removed from his recently purchased 147, by those mobile services that come to you with a van and remove the blemishes, apparantly some car dealers use them, has anyone had any success with any of them, and would anyone recommend any here in Melbourne, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

Evan Bottcher

I don't know about the mobile services, but I'd recommend Monza Car Spa in Moreland Rd, Brunswick West.  We had a car detailing night there a year or so back.  The detailer there really knows his stuff, and demonstrated taking a few pretty deep scuffs and scratches out of an old GTV.

http://www.truelocal.com.au/business/monza-carspa-cafe-and-detailing/pascoe-vale-south

I've had our 75 detailed there including a cut and polish and steam clean, it came back looking great (comparatively).
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

John Hanslow

If it is determined that a touch up is required and this needs to be done in a workshop, then it would be a good idea to use the services of a reputable panel beater or rerstorer.

Numerous club members have had suceessful dealings with Extreme Body Repairs in Dandenong (refer 900 series night) or Rankins Panels in Bayswater(near Monza Morors).

Both of these firms know Alfas and have been responsible for concorso condition modern and classic cars.
Now:
2011 Giulietta QV

Previously:
1989 164 3.0  V6
2002 156 Twin Spark Sports Edition
2002 147 Twin Spark
2002 916 Spider Twin Spark
1990 Alfa 75 Potenziata

wankski

yes, i had a sharp crease dent that body shops told me could not be pulled.

I had other plans.

I contacted Ross Davies @ independents and he was excellent. came out on a saturday spend more than a few hours and only wanted chump change for a perfect job - he even pointed out other small ones and did them for me FOC.

the guy seems sus as he rocks up in an old 5 series bimmer, but he did an excellent job IMHO...

i am repairing the paint damage locally myself (some straight to bare metal) but i highly recommend him!

www.ipdr.com.au

ANG156

You could try final inspection automotive detailing. Damian is very good and the SUBITO GTA always looks good at spettacolo.