WANTED....ANY 105 SUITABLE for WRECKING

Started by jg1053, January 11, 2012, 02:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jg1053

I am always on the look out for 105, preferably Sedans for wrecking. I take great delight in getting the most off the cars to allow those that are saveable to be saved.
If any one knows of any cars, doesn't matter where, I'm interested.....

Contact Jim Gordon on 0412252568 or 97596820 I would love to hear from you.

pancho

So you want to get parts off the shells or you want the shells themselves ?

Milanos has about 3 GT's and some Sedans too from memory. They threw away a few as well.

Davidm1600

Hi Jim

My brother has a very rusty 1750 and 2 very rusty 2L Berlinas.  He also has a non rusty 2L Berlina, so perhaps is saving parts for its eventual rebuild, when ever that might be. 

Can always ask him what he intends doing with said cars.  Also has the remains of a very rusty/non complete 1750 GTV.  Again not sure of his intentions re this, especially bearing in mind all his other projects.

One small other factor to consider, we are on the other side of the ditch down here in Hobart, so somehow doubt it would be likely to be worth transporting to Vic.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

ItalCarGuy

David, talking about your brother brought up sad memories of that poor Ti sitting down there! :'(  I am a bit like Jim and have shelves of parts off rusty wrecks all within the years 65-67. But it always seems to be the bit I want is the bit I don't have! BTW I've nearly finished scanning all of my 105 literature so if you want a PDF of something let me know.

Jim, any projects in the works for yourself?

Davidm1600

Oh Derek, yes I know what you mean, I was up at my brothers on the weekend and the poor TI let alone so many of his classics still sit outside, and in the bush.  I would so hate for a fire to go through.  So much would be lost, which would be a real shame.  My brother in terms of parts has so much stuff, not just for Alfas, Fiats and now some Lancias but as well so much stuff re classic Mercs, Jags, Riley and even old Rovers, Borgwards etc etc. 

Seriously you would be gob-smacked if you saw his property and all the cars.   At the moment I am debating with myself whether or not to take up the opportunity to possibly swap my '69 1750 GTV for his '72 280 3.5 black with tan interior (W108 sedan), sunroof, merc alloys etc.  I know possibly madness but I have always liked these old Mercs and this one could be the one to get.  The longer it lives up the side of the mountain, well you know it won't help it. Also my GTV will need a full restoration (which as we know costs heaps) and I still want to very much finish my Super and my 124 sport and I have a house to finish restoring.  I also have possibly a chance to buy a 2L Berlina, don't want to say too much about this one at this time, as it is only a possibility.  So, much to think about. 

Re 105 Literature, essentially I am interested very much in anything to do with Supers, especially say '66-67 and/or '69 models, Berlinas and GTVs.  So, anything which you think might be of interest to me I am sure it would be.  However, please there is no need to go to too much trouble re this and if there is something I could do in return re either Alfa stuff or even say a decent bottle of red, than don't hesitate to let me know.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina