Patch panels

Started by fraseinhk, August 04, 2011, 12:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fraseinhk

Hi. I'm a new member. I'm currently restoring a 1969 1750 GTV. I'm searching for some patch panels. I was told of an engineering firm in Melbourne, I think, that makes them. I've been unable to find them. Can anyone kindly help me with this request?  Or anyone know of other sources for these panels. Many thanks.

Davidm1600

If you log onto Classic Alfa/Alfaholics/EB spares/Highwood Motor Co, all of which are in the UK, they should be able to supply pretty much any panel you need for a 105.  Best to compare the prices as they can vary slightly.

I already have bought front cill section repair panels for my '69 GTV, and will be purchasing more from them as required. 

All of these suppliers can provide you with pretty much any part you need to restore a 105.  Otherwise there are a range of suppliers in the US, refer to the AlfaBB as they advertise there.

In Aus, Milano Spares usually stock quite a lot of 105 parts, possibly panels as well, ditto I am sure there are a number of other suppliers in Aus, Turin Imports in SA, I think there is also a supplier in WA and Sydney.  Otherwise there are parts suppliers also in Europe including Italy.  Ebay is also an option.

Hope that helps.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

alfagtv58

Not sure about an engineering firm, but Geoff Unsworth makes some sills and lower guards pieces and they are a very good quality.  I believe he is currently working next door to Rankins Restorations in Bayswater.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Davidm1600

Wonder how the price compares Phil, as given the strength of the Aussie vrs foreign currencies, it might be more cost effective including shipping from OS.

I recently bought parts for my 156 from EB spares, it took a week to arrive, and the cost was cheaper, even though factory parts and including shipping.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

fraseinhk

Thanks you guys. That's really helpful. I'm new at this, so just feeling my way. I've owned my GTV for 20 yrs but been overseas for the last 12. I've been jumping out of my skin to restore it - now I've started. I can't wait to see her when she's finished. Thanks again.

Davidm1600

Not a problem, happy to have been able to give a little help.  If you havn't already, check out Evan Botcher's thread on the restoration of his 1750 GTV, or alternatively the many numerous threads on the AlfaBB re GTV restorations.  Between all of these I am sure you should be able to learn much of what you may encounter with yours.

Apart from that perhaps in Melbourne talk to someone like Sam Matteo of Sam's Panels, Paul Rankin at Rankin Panels if you need help with the bodywork, and ditto perhaps Vin Sharp/PACE Automotive, or Benicas, Ital, Monza motors etc if you need engine/gearbox/suspension rebuilding done. 

Good luck with the project and we all love to see pics of such restorations.  I have still to restore my GTV, the Giulia Super needs to be completed first.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: Davidm1750 on August 05, 2011, 12:35:53 PM
...check out Evan Botcher's thread on...

Two 't's in Bottcher, sunshine  :)
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Davidm1600

My humble apologies Evan, oops sorry, had wondered  :D   Could use a little sunshine here today, for it is anything but !!
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

'76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina