Awesome day at Winton today

Started by paul edwards, August 07, 2011, 10:07:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paul edwards

Hi to fellow Winton racers,

Would just like to say THANKS for a great day, even though it was wet on the first 4 runs, we did get a few dry runs in late in the day.  l learnt a lot about driving in the wet today, it's amazing just how hard you can push, you think your doing a great job,  then when the track starts to dry out  you realise how slow you were really going.

I had a great run with Evan in his red Sud, swopping places more than a few times, great fun, l think it's one all Evan.

My 75ts ran beautifully and handled the wet track well l thought.

Thanks again to Neil, Stuart, Bruno, Barry, Anthony and all of the helpers that it takes to run the event, fantastic effort.

Great to catch up with all the Alfa racers as well, l had a great day.

Cheers Paul

Evan Bottcher

Cheers Paul,

Here's a little clip, watch from 1m30s for a little overtaking manoeuvre.

Agreed a fun day, although I packed up just as the track started to finally dry!
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

TFJ100

Also a note of thanks to the Saturday team - a real who's who of the Alfa Club!

Special thanks to Victor Lee for putting up with my driving!

Attached are some photos - the rain precluded my taking more.

I was happy with a best of 1:20 in the wet (Winton short) - my Q2 and Michelin Super sports were pretty good in the wet.

Anybody note any of their times on Saturday for comparison - wet or dry?

Cheers
Torben
Now -
2018 Giulia QV, Vesuvio Grey

Then -
10 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - black
08 159 3.2 JTS Ti 6sp manual - silver
10 159 1.7T 6 sp man - red
03 156 GTA - black
01 GTV V6 (6 spd) - red
86 Sprint - white
90 75 Twinspark - red
89 75 Twinspark - red
80 Sud Ti - beige

alfagtv58

I had a great day Saturday too, really enjoyed being part of it.  Shame I coudnt be there for a play on Sunday and catch up with some other people.

Nice work on the 1.20 in the wet Torben  8)
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Neil Choi

Winton would be my favourite track from most aspects.

It suits Alfa's, great for handling (when you don't have power), WHEN you have a spin there is usually not much to hit.

Love the two day weekend at Winton, combined with the usual Saturday night dinner, beer and constant b-s-ing.

Several things about Winton, it always brings out all the motorsport enthusiasts, Alfa and others, great commaraderie, lots of piss take to be had and general fun.  Biggest turn out of Alfa members for a long time (other than Alfa Island).

As you can see, even in the wet, it is good, clean and safe fun.

You can pretty much watch the entire track from the spectator area, and lots of action at the esses which is directly in front of you.

Thanks to all who ran the day, you know who you are, they are the usual faces.

Neil

PS might schedule three Wintons for 2012.

Evan Bottcher

Not sure about good 'clean' fun - did you see Bruno's 4wd at the end of the day after digging so many cars out of the mud?

Definitely lots of spinning, especially at the elbow - here's me (fast forward to 1.09):

Thanks to all the organisers, officials, and volunteers.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Ray Pignataro

Neil do people pisstake? i thought youwere genuine when you asked me how I was. lol.Great day all the same , the rain what an equalizer . Neil more wet events

Gtv6 Graeme

Hi all, I also would like to thank all those involved in running a great day out at winton,
had some good runs later in the afternoon it was a well run day, & fun day had by me & paul.

Graeme Nankervis GTV6 Graeme

Paul Gulliver

Paul Gulliver
Present
2017 Silver Giulia Veloce
1979 Silver Alfa 116 GTV Twin Spark
1973 Red Alfa 105 2.0 GTV

Past
2013 Giulietta QV
2006 Black 159 2.2 J
1970 Dutch Blue Series 2 1750
1975 Blue Alfetta Sedan 1.8