Wanted - Alfa 75 or 90

Started by Stuart Thomson, August 04, 2011, 11:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart Thomson

Hi All,

I have had my entry confirmed for the Shitbox rally 2012.

Now I need a car.

I would like an Alfa 75 or 90, but will consider other (reasonably large) Alfa's.

MUST cost less than $1k, preferably closer to $500, them's the rally rules.

So, if you have a crappy Alfa 75 or 90 just sitting around, I'll be happy to take it off your hands.  Just remember that I will paint it (hopefully like the #55 car from Talladega Nights), and it will end up in Cairns (hopefully) and be sold for charity.

Cheers
Stuart

Frank Musco

Stuart, I do have an Alfa 90 which used to be my daily driver, Engine is very good, gearbox might have a gear that doesn't grate, Oh that's reverse, sorry.    $500.

Simon Aarons

What about one of these??

Even has a trustworthy 4x4 system for those dirt roads.  ;D
1986 GTV6 3.0L

dehne

i have 2 90's a white one which is in pretty good cond, and a blue one which has a really strong motor and gearbox, prob more towards the 1000 mark for the white one and more neg on the blue one
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's

Frank Musco

Simon, I think your on the right track. I'd take the 33 4x4 wagon, all that space, fold down rear seats so you can even sleep in it, no fuel injection/electrical problems. I've even got one of them, comes with a free cappuccino, but you have to drain the sump for that.  $500.
Perfect for a little off-roading.

Frank Musco

Just for you Mick,
I guess I could sell my race car for $500, only driven on weekends, some would say 'lady driver', has trouble starting and you can only drive it above 5000rpm. Oh, sorry I forgot to mention its GREEN, always a deal breaker that bloody green!

Frank Musco

What are you saying Mick, you like green? If not, I'll borrow my brothers car, I'll tell him I'm going to a dyno day or something, too easy.

ANG156

thought of a 164? $400 on ebay from milano spares

Anthony Miller

Quote from: ANG156 on August 10, 2011, 06:50:20 PM
thought of a 164? $400 on ebay from milano spares

Too many tricky electrics, just what you want with bonnet deep creek crossings :P
Now-  '99 156 2.5l V6 (rosso)
         '88 75 3.0l V6 (grigio)
Then- '81 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol whitey)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l transplant (ol brownie)
         '82 Giulietta 2.0l TS transplant (ol red)