MotoGP

Started by Sheldon McIntosh, October 11, 2007, 04:41:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheldon McIntosh

Anyone else going down to watch the MotoGP tomorrow?  Looks like dodgy weather unfortunately. 

I'm usually at MG.  Awesome watching them come down form Lukey Heights, down into 1st gear, then trying not to mono on the way out (although the really good guys lift the front wheel and use body weight to change direction, awesome!).  The GP bikes are also incredible to watch through turns 11 & 12, wheelies as they change up to 4th!!  There's also a superscreen and a bar at MG.

Also good to watch here as not only are they smoking the rear tyre through turn 11, if they want to turn into the pits they just give it MORE gas, to oversteer them into the pit entry!!

Seriously, this is far more exciting racing than F1.  And I love F1.

Say hello if you're around.

alfagtv58

Sheldon,

Make sure when the 125's are out you see them tipping it into turn 1 (as long as its dry).  Throttle is pinned to the stop in top gear and they ride 'em right up onto the very tip of the ripple strips, just millimeters away from the dirt.  Just awsome.  More talent in their pinkie finger than i have in my whole body.

The MotoGP guys get up onto the ripple strips, but they brake (late) and go down a couple of gears.
1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

Simon Bidese

Watch the MotoGp's came over the crest at the end of the main straight on the back wheel, and stay on the back wheel until they hit the brakes.
Then the front tyre hits the ground sounding like a pack of 747's touching down, what an awesome spectacal.
The best i could manager was 250 down the straight before i ran out of b*lls, these guys do 330!!!
Spewin i can't go, but a first birthday calls.
Luckily the other guests are a bunch of Ducati salesman - i am sure a TV will not be far away.

All that go - enjoy!!!!

Go Stoner