NSW Concorso

Started by EZEE, September 14, 2011, 09:26:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZEE

Hi All,

I have a couple of (open ended maybe?) questions.

I was away in Perth and missed our concorso last Sunday - did anyone go and have anything of interest to report? How come we haven't seen any pictures yet?

How come there doesn't seem be as much input coming from NSW (and other states for that matter) - I know the forum seems to be "based" in VIC  but clearly is Australian right? there are plenty of Alfisti around......

Remember I am still "newish" so might be asking old or already answered questions here.....

just curious,

Emmanuel

Cool Jesus

EZEE, I too have been waiting for photos. Here's a couple of links of the day. It was absolutely glorious, couldn't have asked for a better day. Gentle breeze, plenty of sunshine, great location too beside the Cooks River. Alfisti and Fiatini were arriving in numbers along with the curious punters...

Wouldn't mind seeing what prizes were awarded, no doubt they will be posted sooner rather than later...

Anyhow, here's a link i found on ausalfa forum along with my iphone pics (forgot the my camera at home!)

There's a red 147 which has had some plastic grill ornaments placed on the hood FCUKNOWS Why???? Guys, put it back on the excell you ripped them off, please....

The Red turbo Bambino and white Noddy car were very cute. There's also a sleek yellow Fiat, check the people in the background, that's not photo shopped, the roof is seriously ass check high!

http://img849.imageshack.us/slideshow/webplayer.php?id=imag0395h.jpg

Present:
* '76 Alfetta GTAm 2.0 (project)
* '03 147 2.0 TS
*'12 159 Ti 1750 TBi
===================
Past:
* '10 159 2.2 JTS
* '89 164 3.0
* '98 Spider 2.0 TS

EZEE

Hi Cool Jesus,

Thanks for the quick post! Certainly looked like a glorious day, when I left Sydney on Friday is was wet and miserable. I think that FIAT is a Moretti? The guys on here would know for sure.....looks cute though.

Well I am deifnitely going to the Victorian show now.....

EZEE

massiveluvbuddy67

Hi Emmanuel,
We would be very keen to have you visit for the Victorian concourse. Bring the 2600 if you can. Last year we only had two on display. We have some interesting cars coming but would be very keen to have a Juniour Zagato and an SS as we traditionally do not have either of these cars make an appearance. They are very rare in Australia. If the weather is fine we will have some interesting 1920s and 30s Alfa Romeos.

Our theme this year is open top motoring and we will have a special display with some nice 750s, 101s and later and earlier cars.
Best Regards
Phil

EZEE

Hi Phil,

Thanks.

re: 2600  - let me see if I can get it together effort/time/money wise. I would have to have it transported though so if anyone has any recommendations of reliable companies/ freight guys that would be a start. On Sunday I entrusted it to a good mate to take to the display while I was away, Melbourne is a little bit further.

Love to add either a Junor Zagato or SS to the collection, they are rare indeed!

Emmanuel

Evan Bottcher

Quote from: EZEE on September 14, 2011, 09:26:28 PM
How come there doesn't seem be as much input coming from NSW (and other states for that matter) - I know the forum seems to be "based" in VIC  but clearly is Australian right? there are plenty of Alfisti around......

You're correct.  The forum was originally created by the Vic club, but it was agreed some time ago to use it as the national forum.  There's plenty of people on here from other states, although I agree it seems to be dominated by the Vics.  Doesn't help that the NSW club site doesn't even have a link to the forum...?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

Rigi

Sorry Evan but the link to the forum is there under the NSW Club's 'links' tab  'online forums' and 'alfa romeo owners club of australia forum' - as with any web site I am sure the link could be improved - hats off to the Vic guys though for the promotion of this great marque
Current
2010 GT 3.2 100 year Anniversary
1977 Alfetta GTV - Grp s
1974 GTV105 Resto (wip)
1977 Alfetta GTV Normal Roadie on Historics

Past
1980 Alfetta sedan('prettyboy')
1986 Alfetta GTV6GP
1985 Alfetta GTV6
1984 Alfetta GTV
1980 Alfetta Sedan
1978 Alfetta Sed

Evan Bottcher

I stand corrected - it's definitely there if you go looking.  Thanks.
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal