FOR SALE - Alfa 166 3.0 24valve ECU

Started by pancho, August 30, 2011, 09:20:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike

I looked everywhere for one of therse 6 months ago, over 6k from Alfa, I paid a great deal more for one second hand than your starting bid....timing is everything as they say.  Good luck, you'll get someone out of the poo.  Probably should note the year of car that it is out of (there were a few versions), and whether you know if its operational.

Cheers
Mike
cars / projects:
Twinspark - Bonneville car build
85 GTV6 red
86 GTV6 3.2 quadcam on ITBs
Alfetta '74 sedan project
Alfetta '74 sedan 1 owner
'76 Alfetta GT blue
'76 Alfetta GT Twincharge
Fiat 128 3P
78 Ferrari 308 gtb
78 Ferrari gts
79 Ferrari gtb
Audi SQ5...well something has to run

pancho

Hi Mike,

Yeah I received it together with the engine out of a rear ended car - I never checked he year model. but the fact it was crashed I'd think that it was workign fine before impact. The sticker clearly states the model and revision so it's just a matter of comparing to ones own unit.

I think $150 is stupidly cheap but it's better than sitting in a box in my house and besides it may just save someone $6k from the local Alfa stealer.

Sorry the timing was off for you.

pancho

Well - looks like I have to relist the item - seems some people cannot read.

Still for Sale - this is out of a 166 3 Litre - please check your ECU's markings or make sure your model is a 199X - 2003 model. 24v 3.0lt ECU

that is all.

turboalfa

pancho you obviously took this from a working car as you mentioned soo quick question is there somewhat possibility you have a gearbox ECU?

we have had a 166 sitting in the garage over 3 years now doing nothing as all it needs is a working ECU .. we went down the path to get it fixed or buy second hand ones where they claim they worked .. to bad none of them did! always stuck in Limp mode!
GTV6 3.0L

gergory

CURRENT  75 3 LITRE
GTV 2001 3 LITRE
SAAB 9-3 3DOOR
PREVIOUS 33 P4
GRAND PRIX
156 MONZA
GTR XU1
GTHO
MONARO 327
CARLOS SAINZ GRP A 4WD
HSV CLUBSPORT
XU6

pancho

The ECU is for sale @ $350 now.

And Greg - I won't sell it to you after that nasty crap you pulled on the day; then the audacity of leaving me negative feedback on ebay because you didnt get your way.

The basics of using Ebay are:
- you look at an item
- check the description and the conditions of sale
- you make a bid

If you win an item - you win it - you pay for it, it's a contract.

You don't get to look at the item after you bought it then decide it's not what you wanted or it's wrong for you and tell the seller you don't want it. The worst was that I had to ask you to pay me for the cost of relisting it - begrudgingly you paid me the 5 dollars (which didnt cover the costs anyway)- then you try buy it back for a cheaper price later on @ $145 - are you serious!!

I have over 140 positive transactions/feedback - and you decide to put a black mark on my name. How dare you.

I'd rather throw it in the bin than sell it to you.

gergory

I think you have the wrong person!!!!!!!!
CURRENT  75 3 LITRE
GTV 2001 3 LITRE
SAAB 9-3 3DOOR
PREVIOUS 33 P4
GRAND PRIX
156 MONZA
GTR XU1
GTHO
MONARO 327
CARLOS SAINZ GRP A 4WD
HSV CLUBSPORT
XU6

pancho

Nice try Greg - I can't beleive you are trying to still save face on this

You know, you can get a LOT of information off the Internet. It's a dangerous place. Full of deceitful people and liars.

You have the same name as the person who bought the item
You have the same email address as the person who bought the item
You are in Victoria
You own a 166
You need an ECU for your 166

Here is your AROCA profile:

And here is the ebay email I received when you won the item you then didnt pay for:

I wonder what the chances are.

Please don't insult me further; you're showing your true colours now and nothing upsets me more than a liar.

gergory

pancho

there are two sides to every story. If anyone is the slightest bit interested in my side of the story they can pm me..........this is all I have to say on this matter as I am not going to enter a slanging match.
CURRENT  75 3 LITRE
GTV 2001 3 LITRE
SAAB 9-3 3DOOR
PREVIOUS 33 P4
GRAND PRIX
156 MONZA
GTR XU1
GTHO
MONARO 327
CARLOS SAINZ GRP A 4WD
HSV CLUBSPORT
XU6

Evan Bottcher

So why did you say this?
Quote from: gergory on October 06, 2011, 08:51:24 AM
I think you have the wrong person!!!!!!!!

I enjoyed one of the last times you popped your head up here, Ceci.

Quote from: Sheldon McIntosh on April 01, 2010, 11:10:26 PM
Quote from: GTV-074 on March 31, 2010, 10:03:10 PM
Hey 'gergory' ....your not 'ceci' on another forum by any chance?
Same line...... same rubbish...

I wonder if it is the same person?  Is this the same "ceci" that had the following to say on another forum..........

12-14-2007 - try the italian job in melbourne or ital motors in hawthorn

04-29-2008 - at all costs try not to use the italian job they are rude VERY EXPENSIVE and generally too lazy to look for rare parts.  you will pay through the nose for their parts

03-17-2010 - the italian job is the best, I have been to nearly all of them, stay clear of hugh harrison and lance dixon

Man, this 'ceci' character sure does change his mind a lot doesn't he?

Quote from: gergory on April 01, 2010, 08:59:06 PM
yes you are all correct ...........someone asks for opinions on where to get the best service and mechanical skills................we should all back the sponsors .............at any cost

Wow gergory, I really hope that 'ceci' person is not you, cos that person sounds like a right fucktard.  And going by some of his other posts on another forum, if he behaves like that on this forum he'll be banned pretty quickly.

Or was that the wrong person, too?
Newest to oldest:
'13 Alfa Mito QV
'77 Alfasud Ti
'74 Alfasud Sedan
'68 1750 GTV
--> Slow and Fun - my Alfa journal

shiny_car

Well, I reported this to the Mods, but all this crap is still here.

So I will weigh in, because I met gergory today, first time, because he bought something from me. Really nice guy, enthusiastic, and great to chat to.

If we are going to make presumption based upon personal experiences, then I say he is a top bloke and I've had no issues, and would happily deal with him again.

As is the case, two sides to every story. So perhaps I can restore some balance.

Sorry to be OT, and hope you sell your ECU.

:)
Giulietta QV TCT . 1.75 TBi . Magnesio Grey - Black
GT . 3.2 V6 . Q2 . Kyalami Black - Red
75 . 3.0 V6 . Alfa Red - Grey