Seatbelt Problems

Started by stuka, September 10, 2011, 06:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stuka

I had to unbolt the seatbelt mechanism to get at the fasteners for the side mouldings on my 1986 sprint. Now that I have bolted them in again both belts wont release from the mechanism. Anyone come across this issue before? The car is parked on the flat in my garage. Thanks. Pat
Alfasud Sprint, GTV 3.2 V6

Fetta GTV

Hi Pat
You may need to undo them again pull some slack on them even do them up to the buckle, bolt them back on and then let them retract. the mechanism can easily activate when you are moving them around to bolt them on.

Cheers
David
1979 Alfetta GTV
1986 Alfa Sprint 1.5 twin carb

colcol

Do as fetta says, then if you still have problems, take the mechanism off the B pillar, hold it upright the same way it works, and make sure the belt retracts and feeds out, if ok, you may be distorting the housing when you are doing it up to the B pillar, make sure you have all the right spacers and washers in order, and then torque up the bolt to what it should be, i would say about 30 pounds, but check your manual, Colin.
1974 VW Passat [ist car] 1984 Alfa 33TI [daily driver] 2002 Alfa 156 JTS [daily driver]

stuka

Thanks all, bloody things are finicky. I got them working in the end. Somebody had them off before as there was only one washer for the bolt, not the usual series of washers mentioned by Colin.
Alfasud Sprint, GTV 3.2 V6