Top Gear Aus 2.0

Started by Brad M, September 28, 2010, 09:18:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad M

Just watched some of it ... had a few laughs, looks like they have stepped it up.

Look forward to next episode.
06 147 JTD 1.9
76 116 GT 2.0
72 105 GTV 2.0

Gone... 2x 147 GTA, 2x 90, 2x SudSprint

Next? ... http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=17067

NigelC

Agree - looks like it has much more potential than the last effort.
Current 2017 Giulia Veloce - Red
Current 1979 Alfa GTV - Ivory (Gp S racer)
Past 2007 Alfa 159 2.2 JTS Rubino Red
Past 2003 Alfa 156 2.0 JTS Red
Past 1979 Alfa GTV Red/Rust

ChrisGTA

Ch. 9 upgraded the $$$ to win TGA from SBS - from tonight's one it looks like they substantially stepped up the production and post-production budget too.

Davidm1600

I think I agree with you guys though intrinsically I still would prefer to be watching TG on SBS. 

The one thing that was so obviously apparent to me was the quantum difference in the charisma or appeal of the presenters between Clarkson/Hampster/Captain Slow and the Aussies aka Scruffy (Steve Pizza)/Kenny/??.

I think also there may be a confidence issue given it was the Aussies 1st show together whereas the Poms have been making TG for so many years now.  The Aussies seemed to be trying hard to make it work whilst the Poms it comes across naturally, and they are funny. The only one out of our lot with continuity in TG is Scruffy who has now done 3 series of TG Aus. 

I guess we will have to wait and see if it is any good or not really.  But I will watch it.
Current:
2003 JTS 156 sportwagon
1969 Giulia sedan (x2)
1969 AC Fiat 124 sport

Past: '76 Alfetta 1.8 GT 
        '76 Alfetta 1.8 Sedan
        ' 73 2L Berlina

alfagtv58

TGA this season has been quite good, Shane Jacobson is a star, I always thought Steve Pizzati was pretty good and quite funny, he has really warmed into the show and Ewan Page...good print journo but the jury is out on him (I still reckon Warren Brown was good and shouldnt have been shown the door).  Lauged my ass off with the 24hr Cherry thing last night.  V8 to the rescue segment was/is dismal though.....

Anyway, there are 3 more shows in the can and Channel 9 has just shelved them.  Pulled it off the air!  Probably to show re-runs of some average american sit com.

I know people compare it to UK Top Gear, which it cannot come close to, but it is still the best Aust motoring show we have had for a long time.

What a shame....

1967 Giulia Sprint GT Veloce - (WIP) Strada
1977 Alfetta GTV Group S - Corsa - For Sale (http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,9600.0.html)
2009 159 JTS Ti

dehne

watched it last night and was just a try hard version, what they need to do is put it in real aussie context, should be filmed in a home garage type set, with a bbq going in t5he back ground, and talk more about car things, bring in a audience participation like a section call show ur ride, let the stig give it a fang, keep some challanges, like each presenter to build a ride on lawn mower to race with but using car parts.
just something more original not 2nd hand
now
1x 85 mdl road 90
2013 Giulietta 1.4
2015 Launch Edition Giulietta
Past
Multiple Alfa 90's, Alfetta's and 147's